12: Chivalry isn't dead

Cassie R

Cassie R. Malfoy

So obviously my cousin's girlfriend seemed to be overly excited with this tea thing, and I felt terrible. Because I honestly couldn't care less about the healer profession. But I had to get through for the sake of our cover.

"You look really happy to be a student going to Hogsmeade the first weekend of the year" Lena said while seating besides me but something about her was kind of odd, last night she didn't get to our room and I figured she was with stupid Zabini, but now seeing her without puffy eyes and all quirky I was sure she wasn't.

"I lied to Ted and his girlfriend about wanting to be a healer and I'm supposed to grab tea with her at Delilah's" I explained shortly.

"Why would you lie about that? We all know your only professional desire is to a trust fund baby" she said devilishly making me gasp in offense at her statement.

"How dared you? Selwyn! We all know I just want to marry into an old money family" I joked back busting out a small laugh.

"Umm dummy you are already in an old money family"

"Older I meant, maybe like Royalty or something" I wink at her, we both had similar up bringing surrounded by luxury and empty mansions, so it had become a habit to joke about this kind of thing, which probably if people overheard would actually believe it and think we are obnoxious bratty girls.

But the truth is that we both couldn't care less about the stupid status quo that we were supposed to follow.

"If princes don't do it for you my brother will happily marry you, and we'll be in laws" she added and made me roll my eyes, since we were 13 or so she's been actively trying to marry me to his much older brother whom I recall is already married with children.

I was about to cut her off when I noticed under her scarf a bruise, yeah that was what it was odd, she hates having things around her neck even if it's 15 degrees and freezing to death.

"You got a hickey! Who on earth did you let give you a hickey?" I was unappalled considering that Zabini never, and when I say never I mean it, got beyond his own dick, and tried doing something remotely sensual for her. So, this meant she hooked up with someone else.

"Do you happened to need a Howler for saying it out loud?" she looked flushed while she fixed her scarf...wait no, my scarf that I just recognized, it's a silver sparkly cashmere pashmina, of course it's mine.

"Sorry, who did you went with last night?" I asked while we get off the carriage.

"Not Klaus if that's what's worrying you" she assured me right away.

"That I know, if you don't feel comfortable telling me it's alright but you know you can tell me anything I just mildly judge" I said while giving her hand a little squeeze while we started walking.

"You are going to kill me...I went to the Gryffindor's party last night with Scorpius and Albus and you were nowhere near, so I figured why not? When the boys invited me, and one thing led to another and...Albus I was with Al..." Okay that was something to process.