02: I'm fine

Cassie R

Cassie R. Malfoy

After my mother's death this summer, Malfoy manor has become somewhat dull, well duller. The house that my father grew up in, was really far on being a welcoming home, when my brother and I were growing up we weren't even allowed to go into some of the rooms and floors since god know what awful things went down there.

I was seating calmly on the living room while my brother was outside on my mother's garden taking care after her flowers. My gaze was more focused on the book that I was able to retrieve from my father's private library. I knew that I wasn't supposed to be reading about this subject but my mind was never really at ease knowing that my mother's curse might be pumping trough my veins and sooner rather than later my fate would be the same as hers.

"Thought my protective spells were going to hold you off" I listened to his calm tone cursing under my breath acknowledging that I got caught while my Dad took the book that was comfortable sitting on my hands and he nods reading the title "The mysteries of blood and heirs, you do know this is fiction right darling?" he asked me directly raising one of his eyebrows.

"And why would a "fiction book" be under seven protective spells on your private library?" I answered looking at him with a side smile.

"Really clever Rhea, but you have no business prying on my private collection and there is nothing useful in it. I would know...now how are you holding up dear? Are your ready for Hogwarts yet?" he sat by my side with that expressions that only a Malfoy would interpreter as a loving and caring look.

"I am fine, actually is my little brother who I am worried about he has been down lately" I explained looking over to the garden where the blonde 15 years old was standing.

"He did just lose his mother about a month and a half ago, and so did you. It is normal to feel a little down" he reminded me giving my shoulder a squeeze before getting up.

"You also lost your wife, who is checking on you?" I asked with a concerned look and he simply smiled before fixing my hair.

"I am a recently widowed father of two reckless teens, trust me I am holding up by a tread but we will get to it. It is what you mother would have wanted after all and not you snooping around" He added with a smirk and I simply rolled my eyes.

After that he went into his office where he spends most of his time anyways and I stayed in the living room reading another book. One that I was indeed supposed to be reading for this year at school.

"I am going with Albus and Rose to the leaky cauldron, do you maybe want to come?" Oh yes, my brother and his friends always together. I part my lips trying to answer to his weird question. He never asks me to go with him to a friend reunion or anywhere.

"What do you want?" I asked back without unlocking my eyes from the pages I was lazily reading.

"Well I don't want you there, but Al said to ask you anyways" he answered and I straight up laughed with his confession.