Crazy Weather Scenario

~Kyle's POV~

{two days later}

"C'mon, we're gonna be late! The eye doctor's closing soon!" Tyler yelled. I rushed down the stairs. This was the moment! I was finally getting glasses.

I had decided not to mention to Hannah during our call that I'd been to the eye doctor lately. I planned to surprise her when she got back.

I sat in the backseat of the car, and buckled in. Time for my world to change. Literally, now I could actually see the world!

~~~

"Whoa!" I exclaimed, after I tried on my new black Ray-Bans. "I can actually see!"

"That's kinda the point," Tyler chimed in, from his seat in the corner of the office.

"Thanks, Captain Obvious," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hey, it's my job," he shrugged. The eye doctor dismissed us, and we left. After paying for my new glasses, of course.

~~~

~Hannah's POV~

We went inside after yet another long day on the beach. The waves were actually pretty big today, maybe a few feet high, which is a big deal, considering it's the Caribbean we're talking about.

We still had ten days left here in paradise; technically nine, not including our flight back home.

I didn't know what to do with myself now that it was getting dark; I could take a flashlight and go explore the beach, but I figured it wasn't the greatest idea, considering how clumsy I was.

So I played Crossy Road on my phone to pass the time until I'd go to bed. I paused to take a shower, and changed into a plain white tank top and purple-and-grey tie-dyed sleep shorts, and crawled back onto my bed to continue playing.

I could hear Adam and Alesa watching the same Survivor episode from earlier this week. I shut my phone down, and went to get a snack. True, I had just had dinner, but that never seemed to stop my stomach.

I found some leftover pizza, and stuck it in the microwave for a few seconds.

"Whatcha doing?" Adam asked, when he first noticed me.

"Eating pizza," I replied simply.

"We just had dinner," he pointed out.

"And?" The microwave beeped.

"And you should be full," Adam replied.

"I'm a teenager. You should know that our stomachs never end," I responded, biting into the slice.

"It's true," Alesa agreed. "I'm glad my parents owned a treadmill, otherwise I'd be pretty unhealthy right now." Adam laughed at that.

"Oops. Sorry," he quickly apologized.

"It's okay," Alesa replied. "It's true. I hardly ever stopped eating."

"I feel your pain," I exclaimed, my voice muffled by my cheeks being filled with cheesy bread. They both laughed this time.

~~~

I quickly gobbled up the pizza slice, and scampered back upstairs. I brushed my teeth, and was settling into bed when Winta came into the room.

She turned the fan's lights on, and I groaned in frustration, rolling over so my face was in my pillow.

"Turn the light off," I mumbled. She didn't. "Winta, I'm serious!"

"And here, you can see Hannah in her natural habitat, doing her favorite thing; sleeping," Winta's cheery voice came. I rolled back over to face her.

"What the-" her phone was held out. "Are you filming me?"

"Yes," she replied, putting a hand over the microphone. "Now act natural! I need some good vacation footage."

"You're not gonna find it here," I told her. "Now let me sleep."

"Alrighty, if you insist," Winta shrugged, and shut off the lights. I rolled over to get comfortable again, and shut my eyes.

~~~

~Alesa's POV~

{a few hours later}

I had just finished my shower and was about to hop into bed when I remembered something.

"Adam?" I whispered, not sure if he was still awake.

"Yeah?" he replied. He seemed only half-awake, but I decided to share my story, anyways.

"My doctor called my cell today," I announced. In a quiet voice, of course, not wanting to wake the girls in the other room. "He said I have an appointment the week we get back."

"Oh yeah?" he replied sleepily.

"Yeah," I continued, brushing a hand through my short hair. "To find out the gender of the baby."

"Isn't it... early?" Adam questioned.

"Yeah, but it's been a few months. He said it was enough time," I told him. "Isn't that exciting?"

"Of course," Adam responded. "Well... good night."

"Good night," I replied. He obviously wasn't keen on having this conversation now, but I didn't blame him. It was nearly eleven at night, and that's late for Adam.

~~~

I woke up in the morning with a smile on my face. I'd had several dreams about our baby; possibly Tyler or Heather.

I couldn't wait to get home and find out which it would be, but I also wished I could stay here forever. The air was always just warm enough, and refreshing to wake up to.

At least there were still eight days left.

~Nicole's POV~

"Yuck," I groaned as I watched the rain pitter-patter on the window to my bedroom. It had been raining ever since the Dahlberg's left for vacation. It was like Washington was cursed whenever they weren't here.

I hated that I couldn't enjoy a summer out in nice weather, but at least it was cool enough to sleep during the day.

My life motto is "If all else fails, take a nap."

I'm just kidding, but that's the kind of mood I'm in today. It's one of those lazy, gloomy days in town.

I would go out canoeing or something, but the waters are rising - and not to mention, cold - right now, and I would not want to fall in at this point.

Plus, I haven't been here long enough to know anything exciting to do on a rainy day. Go bowling? Is there even a bowling alley here?

I wish the Dahlberg's would just come back and relieve us of this rain curse, or whatever crazy weather scenario is going on right now.