Don't Get Washed Away!

~Adam's POV~

I got a Skype call later in the day, and when I picked it up, it was Tyler.

"Hey man," I answered the call, trying to push everything else to the back of my mind.

"TYLER!" I heard a girl scream in the background, her voice slowly getting closer.

"Hannah?" my heart raced. Hannah! I could get her back now, if I just went over to Tyler's house...

I could tell her how Mitch was behind the whole orphanage situation, how she was still my daughter, how-

"Adam!!!" she squealed. "I've never been happier to hear your voice!"

I smiled at hearing that. So she really did miss me, she wasn't mad about anything anymore...

I hope.

"Look, it's kinda hard to explain, but Mitch paid the orphanage to take you back, you're still under my custody, yada yada yada we need you home," I explained bluntly.

"Wait, Mitch-"

"Should I leave? I don't understand any of this," Tyler laughed. I shrugged.

"If ya want," I heard shuffling around, and a door close.

"Guess he did want to," Hannah said with a slightly sarcastic-surprised voice.

"Apparently," I shrugged, again.

"So, I can come home?" she asked, changing the subject.

"As far as I'm concerned," I replied, trying not to let all of my happiness burst out.

"YAY!" she exclaimed, and then I think she left the room for a bit, because I heard the door shut again, and then a faint, "Guys! I can go home!" and a door opening again.

"So, Mitch really did all this? That.... that-"

"Hannah, I've got some bad news," Tyler said, rushing into the room.

~~~

~Hannah's POV~

"Bad news? Now?" I asked. Tyler shook his head sadly.

"Apparently that storm we had was just the beginning of a big one. I just got a notification on my phone, the roads are probably gonna get washed out. I don't think you're going anywhere," he announced.

"Can't I just go before it comes?" I questioned, crossing my arm over my chest. He shrugged. "I dunno, but-"

There was a crack of thunder outside.

"I think that answers my question," I sighed heavily. "See ya after the storm, then, Dad."

"Okay, stay safe. Don't get washed away!" Adam joked, and he hung up Skype.

~~~

"HANNAH!" Kyle yelled from his bedroom.

"WHAT!" I yelled back.

"C'MERE!" he screamed.

"STOP RUINING MY-" there was a loud crack, and a beeping sound from the kitchen. "What was that?"

Nicole came running up the stairs, breathing heavily. "The power's out."

"Woop de doo," I said sarcastically, making my way to Kyle's room.

"Now what'd you so desperately need to tell me?" I asked.

"Um... I noticed that you have one arm, and-"

"Please, can I meet someone that moves past that?" I joked, rolling my eyes. "There's more to me than a missing arm."

Kyle looked down at the floor. "I know, I know, but there's something you should know," he said.

"What?" he rolled up his pant leg just a bit to reveal a wiry, black, prosthetic leg.

I didn't know what to say. I just sat there awkwardly staring at it with my mouth open.

"Be careful, you'll catch a fly or something," Kyle said, and he put his hand to my chin, pushing it upwards so my mouth was closed. Then he leaned in, and quickly gave me a kiss on the cheek, and pulled away, running out the door.

Then he came back, peeking his head in the doorway.

"What did I say?" he laughed, when my mouth fell open again. And he ran down the hallway.

(Author's Note: #Hale, everybody. {Hannah and Kyle} Or #Hyle. Eh, whatever.

Also, my 500 lions contest just started yesterday! Go check it out, and be sure to enter!

Speaking of contests, this chappie is dedicated to Some_Stories, who won himself 1st place in my 250 contest! Go check out his page!

Baiii all my little lions!

Join da pride today!)