He's Alive Right?

~Jerome's POV~

The door to Mitch's hospital room creaked open. Rene walked in. "Hey, Mitch," she whispered, even though he was sleeping. She looked at me, and a smile crept across her face.

"What?" I asked.

"There's someone here to see you," she replied. "Oh, and Mitch, too, of course." My sister walked through the door, and closed it quietly behind her. "Tris!" I exclaimed. I enveloped her in a big hug. I hadn't seen my sister face-to-face in over a year.

"Hey, Bacca," she laughed. I let her go, and she looked over at Mitch. "He's alive, right?" I nodded.

My phone chirped, announcing a Twitter notification. Before the chirp even finished, another went off. I unlocked my phone, and checked.

Quentin and Ty had just released Tweets saying they were both leaving Team Crafted. My heart sank a little bit. I looked up from the screen, and saw that Rene's jaw had dropped. Her phone was in her hands.

"Did you know about this?" she asked. I shook my head. Tris looked from me to Rene, Rene to me.

"What's wrong?" she questioned, her eyebrows raised.

"N-nothing," I lied. "Hey, why don't you go wait outside for a second? There's a vending machine with little chocolate Pokémon in it!"

"Really?! Awesome!" Tris bolted out the door in the blink of an eye.

"Now I'm jealous. I'm really in the mood for a chocolate mold of Pikachu," Rene said sarcastically. I shrugged.

"Do you think everyone's still as the house?" I asked. Rene looked like she was thinking hard about it.

"I'm not sure. Should we go back?" Rene questioned. Tris burst back through the door with a disappointed look on her face.

"You liar! It's full of Goldfish," Tris pouted. She immediately cupped a hand over her mouth. "Sorry! I hope I didn't wake Mitch up."

Mitch started to turn over in the bed, and he looked at us. "Did I hear fish?" he asked.

"Mitch!" Tris gave him a big hug, although it looked a bit awkward since he was laying down. He sat up to hug Tris back, but he flopped back down in pain.

"Ugh," Mitch sighed. Tris looked at me with concern, her eyebrows raised. "Jerome, remind me why I'm stuck in the hospital?"

"I'd rather not," I replied quickly. "Listen, we have to go back to the house for a few minutes. It's no big deal. Just..."

"It's okay. You don't need to explain," Mitch said, waving a hand carelessly at us. "Do what you need to. I'm not going anywhere."

"Can I stay here?" Tris begged. I nodded.

"Sure. We'll be back soon," I repsponded. Rene and I walked out of the room quietly, and dashed down the hallway, out to the parking lot.

"I wonder if they all just... Left," Rene wondered aloud, a clear hint of worry in her voice. I just looked ahead without responding as we pulled away.

(Author's Note: Sorry it's short, I felt the need to update, but I, busy with a lot of other stuff for some other books.

Anyways, I'm feeling a little better, but I'm still out of it. I'll try to be more active when I feel okay. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

I have some bad news, though. My computer was having trouble processing the 1k special, so instead, I have to make a drawing. It's still high quality... But not as good. I'm upset I made you all wait just to hear this, but the good thing is, the drawing will be digital (it'll look nice) and have 100 of you guys on it.

Sorry.

Thanks so much for 100k reads on KBTC! That's absolutely amazing, I know I couldn't thank you all enough if I tried.

Someone said the other day that my author's notes are too long. HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW??

Baiiii all my little lions!

Join da pride today!