Welcome to Washington!

(A/N: Originally, EnderlovesWriting wrote this chapter, but I really liked the ending of it, so I wrote my own chapter and added Ender's twist at the end. Hope ya enjoy!)

~Adam's POV~

"Yeah Tyler, we're on our way," I told Tyler through my phone.

"How much longer? Hannah's gettin' really antsy," Tyler exclaimed. I shrugged to myself.

"Half hour, maybe?" I assumed.

"Alrighty, see ya later!" Tyler hung up. I turned off my phone, and pulled out of the parking lot. We had stopped at a rest-stop so I could call Tyler, since I didn't feel comfortable calling people while trying to keep my focus on the road...

"Are we there yet.." Winta mumbled sleepily.

"What happened to all your energy? I remember hearing you screaming this morning," I laughed, making a turn on the road.

"Eh..." she groaned, and I looked in the rear-view mirror to see her laying her head on the seat with her eyes closed.

~~~

~Tyler's POV~

"Adam's coming in a half hour, Hannah!" I called up the stairs.

"Okay!" she replied. "Aww," I heard Nicole moan.

I knew Nicole wanted so badly to go with Hannah, but I doubted Adam would take in some random stranger that his daughter had befriended... But if I asked her to stay with Kyle and I, would she say yes?

~~~

~Nicole's POV~

"So you're really gonna go?" I cried, wiping a tear from my eye.

"I can't stay forever," Hannah replied honestly. I mean, I knew that was true, but I didn't want her to leave! I already lost one of my best friends, I didn't wanna lose the other... although I have the slight feeling she was lying when she said Adam would gladly let me go with them back to their house.

"I know," I responded sadly, looking down at the carpet.

~~~

~Jason's POV~

"I still can't believe Adam really left..." I broke the awkward silence that had existed ever since Adam and Winta left to get Hannah. They really weren't coming back.

"I know, but it's best for them, I guess..." Rene replied, sniffling a bit.

"Them?" Ian asked, flipping to another channel on the TV half-heartedly.

"Yeah, you know. Winta, Hannah, Alesa-" Rene started.

"Alesa? Isn't she still working at the mall, though? Why would she be going with them?" I questioned, confused.

"She never worked at the mall," Rene admitted. "She went back to Washington a little while after they got married... she felt too uncomfortable and overwhelmed by L.A. that she left."

"W-wha? And Adam lied about that?" Ian dropped the TV remote, surprised.

"Apparently," I sighed.

"Oh well, I mean, he's out of our lives now, am I right? We'll never be able to ask him about it now," Jerome retorted.

"Guys, we should just drop that already. It's his choice to leave, and it was Alesa's choice to move back. Okay?" Ty interrupted, raising an eyebrow at us.

"Ty, you've got a point. There's nothing we can do now. I agree," I decided.

"Me too," Rene agreed.