Whatever Alesa Wants

~Adam's POV~

The next morning, Alesa and I cooked a big breakfast to surprise the girls. Not only would the food be surprising, but we had some more big news.

"What's all this for?" Hannah asked, trying to hide her excitement. She had gasped, and covered it up with a cough.

"Yeah," Winta said, but it was muffled by the muffin already shoved in her mouth.

"Well, we have some news!" Alesa announced, placing two small pancakes on her plate.

"So, when I was younger, my parents- well, Winta and I's- would take my sisters and I on vacation every July. We stopped going when Winta was born, but I've always wanted to keep doing this when I had my own family," I began, reaching into the cabinet behind me, and pulling out some sticky notes, and my dad's baseball cap he had used. He gave it to me when we stopped going.

"Basically, we'll all write down the place we want to go on vacation. Then, you'll fold up the Post-It, and put it in the hat. Got it? When everyone's finished, we'll shake the hat around, and pull out the one location. Okay?" I asked. Hannah and Winta nodded their heads.

"Alright. Go ahead," I offered them the sticky notes, and they fought over them, trying to get theirs first. Hannah won, and ran off to write down her vacation spot in secret. Winta followed her into the living room.

Alesa and I stayed in the kitchen, and finished before the kids. I hadn't actually written down a spot; I said, "Whatever Alesa wants."

I folded up my note, and placed it in the hat after Alesa. Winta and Hannah rushed in, folded their papers, and threw them in, too.

"The results are in," I announced, pretending to be all official. I held up the hat for emphasis. "Alesa? Would you like to pick the winner?"

"Of course," she said formally. Hannah giggled. "And the winner of the Oscar is..."

She shuffled the cards around, and picked one, neatly folded Post-It. She unfolded it, and cleared her throat.

"The Caribbean!"

"Woo-hoo!" Hannah shouted, pumping her fist into the air.

"Whoa, hold your horses!" I demanded. She sat back down with a pout. "Alesa, want to read the other notes?"

"Sure," she agreed. She pulled out the second sticky note. "We had 'Whatever Alesa wants,'" she smiled. "Thanks."

"We also had my spot, the Bahamas," she announced, pulling out the third paper. "It's kinda in the Caribbean, right?" She pulled out the last one and said, "And Winta had 'road trip.'"

"Why a road trip?" Hannah questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, and no, the Bahamas are in the Atlantic Ocean, geologically. Culturally, they're part of the Caribbean, but technically, no."

"I dunno, they sound fun," Winta shrugged. "Adam went on one when we were younger, with his high-school friends."

"Yeah, it was fun," I admitted. "Maybe we can take one over spring break next year?"

"Why not this year? It's not like we have to worry about taking days off from school. We can just take the laptop with us," Winta reminded me.

"Yeah, but..." I trailed off, putting the leftover supplies back in the cabinet for later. "I registered you guys for public school. Online courses don't give you the education you really need to get a job, or be successful. It was fine for a year, but not forever."

"Oh," Hannah muttered. "Yay!"

"Whatever," Winta changed the subject. "So, when see we going on vacation?"

"Uhm," I thought about it. "We need some time to plan everything, and we should stay here during the Fourth of July, so... two weeks?"

"Yes!" Hannah cheered again.

"Wait, but how long will we stay?" Winta questioned.

"Uh, how about two weeks? Depending on how expensive everything is, that should be fine," I suggested. Everyone seemed happy with that. "Two weeks it is."

~~~

I looked up some hotels later that day, and found cute little bungalows on the beach of Turks and Caicos. They were all painted bright colors, and I found one pale yellow home that was only about the cost of a hotel each full day we stayed there.

I also researched some things to do there, as it was one of the smaller islands considered to be Turks and Caicos. I found a shopping center, a golf course, a swimming pool - but I figured we'd be in the ocean, anyways - and some other cute little shops and such. They all looked like the perfect place to just take a day and look around, and maybe vlog, or something.

I figured this trip would be good for several things; "family bonding," relaxation, and getting all our old channels up and running. Hannah had started a small channel a while back, after Minecraft didn't work out for her, so I figured she could post some cool videos from this island paradise. People seem to do that when they go on vacation.

I was really excited when I found out that a flight to Orlando (which would then take us to our destination) was discounted on July 12th. The second flight to the island was regularly-priced, but cheap, anyways, since it was a short flight. They were the same prices to come back to Washington.

I couldn't wait to go on vacation with the family; this trip was just what we needed to relax. Everything was almost back to normal.

"Hey," Hannah said, interrupting my thoughts as she walked into the room.

"Hey," I replied, closing the tab on my computer screen I didn't want to give anything away about our trip. I wanted it to be a somewhat surprise what we were doing. "What're you doing?"

"Oh, I'm just bored. Things get boring in Washington when you know you're going to a tropical island in fourteen days," Hannah replied with a yawn. I laughed.

"Well, why don't you take a bike ride or something? Maybe make an announcement on your channel about our trip?" I suggested. Her eyes lit up.

"Okay!" she responded. "Be right back."

"Alright," I replied. "No promises I'll be waiting. I have some planning to do."

(Author's Note: Dedicated to veronicah4534.)