Now He Knows

(Author's Note: Some of you, are in fact, terrible guessers. It wasn't Alesa... Or even a girl, for that matter.)

~Nicole's POV~

"Hey, what're you girls doing?" a guy called. I spun around. He was standing on the porch of the beat-up house.

He had floppy, slightly messy, light brown hair, crystal blue eyes, and pale skin.

He was wearing a plaid, long sleeved shirt and denim jeans with plain black sneakers.

When Hannah saw him, her mouth fell open.

I nudged her. "Um... I'm guessing you know him?"

"Tyler?" she asked, almost speechless asides from that single word.

{A/N: YES. IT'S DA BROTATO.}

"Um... do I know you?" the so-called "Tyler" asked Hannah, tilting his head in confusion.

"Well, technically no, but you know my dad! Adam?" Hannah explained. Tyler's face lit up.

"Ohhhh, you're Hannah?" he questioned. Hannah nodded. Tyler noticed me, and looked me up and down.

"And who're you?" he asked. I laughed slightly, embarrassed that I had forgotten to introduce myself.

"I'm Nicole, Hannah's friend from the orphanage," I told him. He nodded.

"Oh, okay. Wait, wait, wait. What're you girls doing out here? Wouldn't you rather be at home?" Tyler sat down on the chair on the porch.

"Well, yeah, but there's one problem," Hannah began explaining everything, right down to the scream in the woods.

It took about a half hour, but at least now Tyler knew everything that had happened, from the shark attack to Adam losing rights to running away from the orphanage to waking for hours to ending up here.

"Wow... And I thought living in a cruddy house was bad," Tyler laughed, after our explanation.

"Well, it is. Just not as bad as Hannah's little life here," I shoved Hannah playfully.

"Who do you think was screaming? Do you have any idea?" Hannah asked Tyler, once she had regained her balance from my shove.

"Um... I have some idea," Tyler admitted, rubbing the back of his neck, and staring at the ground. "Here, let's go inside. It's getting cold."

He led us into his little "house," although it was more the size of a large garage.

"Sit down," he pulled out two chairs by the dining table for us, and he sat across from us.

"Okay, so I used to have a friend living here with me," he began, leaning over the table so we could hear him over the sudden wind blowing on the window.

"We were really close, but you see, he was in a car crash when he was little, so he constantly has night terrors about it. One time, he started sleep-walking, as if he was escaping from the crashed car. He grabbed me by the shoulders and started shaking me. He was screaming, 'WHERE ARE MY PARENTS?! ARE THEY OKAY?' And crying out in pain. When he woke up, he thought that he was such a threat to me, he was worried they'd get worse ad he'd hurt me. So he left the house. I never saw him again. But odds are, that was him out in the forest, screaming as if he was reliving the accident," he explained, a tear forming in his eyes. "He... I've known him forever, you know? He was never the same after that car accident."

"I'm so sorry," Hannah stammered. Tyler shrugged.

"It's all good. I just hope he's okay, and he'll come back soon," he said hopefully.

"I hope so, too. He shouldn't have left... we can help him through it," I assured Tyler.

"If only he'd come back."

~~~

Tyler had given us two rooms in the house to stay the night.

"Hannah, you can sleep in here. It used to be Kyle's room, before... ya know..." Kyle was the name of the poor guy with the night terrors. Now that I'd heard of him, I was praying he was okay, and that he'd come back to Tyler...

But I figured that wouldn't happen. At least, not in a million years.

~~~

I was sleeping in the guest room down the hall from Hannah. Tyler's room was next-door to mine.

The bed was a twin-size, with a cream-colored pillow and navy blue covers.

I was trying to drift off to sleep, when I thought I heard a rumble of thunder outside.

Then, sure enough, the window lit up with a strike of lightning outside.

I let my eyes fall closed again, shoving my head in my pillow to block out the loud rain pounding on my window.

~~~

"Nikki!" Hannah flung herself onto my bed.

"What do ya think you're doing?!" I asked, pushing myself to a sitting position, glaring at her sleepily.

"I don't like thunder," she shrugged. I sighed.

"What time is it?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Um..." Hannah spun around, looking at the little clock on the dresser.

"Eleven," she informed me with a yawn.

"Go complain to Tyler, then. I'm really tired," I flopped back down on my pillow.

Hannah got up off the bed.

"Fineee," she sighed, flinging the door to my room open. I heard her run down the hallway, and yell, "Tylerrr!" and a groan from his room.

I rolled my eyes, and fell back asleep.

(Author's Note: This one is dedicated to TTB124, who earned 2nd place in my 250 lions contest! Remember to check out her page!

Thanks so much again for 365 followers!

Baiii all my little lions!

Join da pride today!)