Chapter 1. Despair and Hatred

"Kill you."

In his mind, his feeble shattering mind, all he could was this creeping sensation.

"I'll kill you."

His powerlessness to save the people he cared about, forced to watch them die over and over again took a toll on him.

"I'll kill you all."

In this cave, echoing the hideous cackling, the muffled cries, this young man had to witness it all.

Natsuki Subaru, a person summoned to another world little over a month ago, was trapped. Chained to the caves walls as he stared, tears blessing his cheeks and drool escaping his lips.

Rem, the lovely blue haired maid, who was sticking by Subaru  through thick and thin even after his shameful displays in the capital... she was with him, to save everyone from the cult.

Yet here she was beaten, bloodied, and now...

"Rem."

Subaru could only watch as every part of her body was twisted her arms, legs, and her neck were twisted.

And Subaru could only watch this happen to her, but what broke his heart more was the fact that after the Sin ArchBishop left his group of cultist, Rem was still moving towards him and did everything she could to free him from those chains.

And when she died in his arms, that's when he finally broke he fell into despair and felt nothing but hatred towards the cult. He cried in agony because of his uselessness he couldn't protect Rem all he had was return by death and his Yin Magic take that away and he had nothing.

"Hate"    

He felt this for the witch cult.

"HATE YOU..."

He felt this emotion towards the being that brought him here against his control.

"I HATE YOU!!"

He felt this towards Petelgeuse. 

"...Hate..."

But he felt this way about himself because he couldn't do anything to save Rem or anyone that was dear to him he hated himself for that and he despaired.

And at that moment something awakened in Subaru as black energy surrounded him and there was this book floating right in front of him and it had a Clover with 5 leaves on it. The books pages started moving around Subaru as it went inside his mouth getting rid of his magic and making him magicless he now had a black tail and his body was a lot more muscular than it originally was whatever the book did to him it was clear that it became one with his body it was part of him now. He became a devil.

He then got up placed Rem against the wall on a sitting position and stabbed himself in the heart killing him almost instantly, the next thing he knew he was back at the appa vendor and when he turned around that's when he saw her. Rem was alive standing right in front of him. Rem noticed some physical changes to Subaru he had a  black tail with and arrow like shape at the end and he was a lot more muscular.  

"Subaru-kun"

She called his name snapping him out his trance he then grabbed her hand and pulled her along and she was blushing madly while he was doing it. 

"S-Subaru-kun what's gotten into you?!?" 

"It's a lot safer like this right?"

He smiled at her while Rem happily walked beside him as his face slowly changed into a  hate filled glare his eyes sharper than before you even notice that his eyes became red for a second 

"I swear you won't get away with this Petelgeuse." he thought to himself while walking back to Crusch's mansion.