Chapter 3.The set up

After Subaru's heated conversation with the Crusch Camp, Subaru and Rem went back to the inn they were staying at, he and Rem decided to call it a night and try again tomorrow but while they slept Subaru had this weird dream where he saw this white haired kid with a black broad sword and the same book that became apart of his body.

This boy was using the swords to negate magic like it was nothing, but what shocked Subaru the most was his transformation, part of his hair was black and he had a horn coming out of the  black side and he had black energy swirling around him the same black energy that he had swirling around him, this boy also had a black mark on one of his eyes and a big black wing on his black side.       

After that Subaru kept seeing more of these dreams where that same boy was fighting a lot of other people and using the same form from before, it turns out he called the demonic transformation "Black Mode" as he was using a different sword it was a lot smaller than the broad sword and he was able to counter attacks a lot faster with it, he also saw a scene where he made the broad sword bigger than usual as it sliced a whole building in half.

For Subaru this felt nothing like a dream, it felt like he was there but not there at the same time. It felt like he was watching this boys memories or having visions, whatever it was it was giving Subaru a lot of information about his new power, apparently this power was called "Anti Magic". He learned that it's a unique form of energy allows the user to nullify other forms of magic. It can be used to defend against attack spells, break through defensive spells, and nullify pre-placed magical afflictions, such as curses and traps. Only someone without magic could use it.

 Subaru woke up soon after, it was still in the middle of the night but he wanted to learn how to use his anti magic as soon as possible so he snuck out the room being careful not to wake Rem up. After he left he went straight for the forest to train there he would train until it was morning.

When he came back, Rem rushed up to him asking him where he's been. "Subaru-kun! Rem has been looking everywhere for you where have you been!?" Obviously she was extremely worried for him so he answered honestly to ease her worries. 

"No worries Rem, I was just out training."

"Training?"

"Yeah I was training to clear my mind, I just couldn't sleep."

Rem wanted to ask more but Subaru wanted to get more help to defeat the cult as soon as possible, Subaru sent Rem's to the knights brigade while he went to go look for the other royal candidates and ask for help. Subaru went to Priscilla for help but that exchange broke down when she asked him to lick her feet. He almost did in fact, and was sent several feet back by a powerful kick in response, only for her to raise him to her face filled with anger and disgust.

 He almost did in fact, and was sent several feet back by a powerful kick in response, only for her to raise him to her face filled with anger and disgust

"What you have is neither loyalty or faithfulness! It is filthier than that. It's a dog's existence or the greed of a pig. A lazy pig that wants, desires and begs for all! It is the most unsightly greed of all!"

Natsuki Subaru The Anti KnightOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara