Chapter 18. I Know Hell

Subaru once again awoke in the Tomb as he sat back up, he noticed Emilia and felt like crying. But oddly enough he didn't have the energy to do so. Subaru continued the loop as he did in the previous one, but this time he lied and claimed he didn't gain the qualifications to take the Trials.

Hikaru seemed to notice this, so once they were done discussing. Hikaru took Subaru to their training spot to speak with him in private.

"Subaru why did you lie to them?

"...Because things have gotten out of control. I want to trust Emilia to complete the Trials and I'll help in anyway I can. "

"But I don't think we should force her into this Subaru."

"I know! But we have a limited time frame, if we don't do something... everything... everyone will be in danger."

Hikaru knew Subaru was right, they were on a limited time frame. Every loop they went through just revealed new problems. Elsa, The Mansion, The Eye of the Midnight Sun, and The Great Rabbit. And Hikaru had a feeling that Roswaal was somehow threading all of this together, but he couldn't accuse him without the proper evidence, so he was stuck.

Hikaru looked at Subaru and took a deep sigh as he went on to explain. "Alright, we'll have to come up with a plan for all of this. Lets try to go over everything we know from those timelines and see if we can come up with a Solution."

They both began discussing everything that was to occur and what else they learned in the previous loops. when they got to the Rabbits, Hikaru explained how once he woke up after Garfiel sent him flying, he immediately tried looking for him since they were split up. But during his search, he ran into a few Rabbits eating a deer. He ended up giving off his presence to the Rabbits, as a result they tried to eat him.

"I see...so that's how you know about the Rabbits."

"Yeah..."

Hikaru knew Subaru was strong, he was able to fight Elsa on equal grounds. But if they wanted to defeat the Rabbit or stop the Eye of the Midnight sun, they both needed to be stronger.

"Subaru, once you're done doing whatever you need to do, lets meet back here to continue your training alright?"

"Yeah."

Once Subaru was out of sight, his face darkened as he started talking to Kaida telepathically. "What do you think about this whole situation Kaida?"

"I think this is a really troubling situation, Emilia is a royal candidate for the throne. But for some reason he's really eager to make her become queen, and I don't like it. Whatever that Clown and his maid are planning isn't good, and if we don't stop them... then they could not only get everyone in the Sanctuary killed, but everyone in Lugunica."

"Yeah I know, but if Roswaal really is behind this...then..."

"He's the one that's been pulling the strings this entire time. We can't confirm anything yet, since we have no evidence. But remember, the blue maid is also being wary of them both."

"I see... then at this rate we won't be getting anywhere."

Hikaru was stuck on what to do until Kaida made a suggestion. "Hikaru, remember how Asta could transform into his Black Form?"

"Yeah what about it?"

"You remember most of his Anti Magic techniques right?"

"Yeah...? What about...them?" Hikaru slowed down his speaking as he caught on too what Kaida was suggesting.