Chapter 22. Breaking points and a New Resolve Part 1

Subaru awoke in a white room, quickly looking around his surroundings and placing a hand on his eye to make sure it was there. Once he calmed down a bit, he looked at Emilia laying down on the floor as he thought to himself as he touched his lips and thought back to when Emilia kissed his dying body in his previous loop.

"...She turned out that way because I wasn't with her. And here I was going on about how I didn't want her to look sad..."

He placed his hand on Emilia's shoulder and shook her to wake her up, as he noticed her slightly shaking.

'I'll save Emilia... and the Sanctuary, and the mansion, too. I'll save every last one of them.'

Subaru continues the loop as normal as could be.

He comforted Emilia.

Took her back to her inn and asked Rem and Ram to watch over her.

Talked to Hikaru about the previous loop and the other failed loops to come up with a plan. Subaru told him that while Hikaru was on his way back to the sanctuary, he found out that Roswaal knew he was looping even if he didn't know the trigger for it. They both concluded that he's been following the Tome of Wisdom and that he won't go against anything that's written, and that if it does, he won't balk at using Subaru's loops to redo it.

But this time, he took things in his own path, this time... he would take the trials himself. He snuck out and ran towards the tomb.

'I need her help.' thought Subaru as he entered the graveyard.

"Invite me, Echidna!" said Subaru as he fell on his knees.

"I'll give you my life and more information about my Anti Magic as many times as you want it! Or my pride or anything else!"

"So please, Echidna!"

"Let me..." Subaru couldn't finish as he fell over on his side and felt his consciousness slipping away from him as he heard a voice speak similar to his.

"Behold an unthinkable present."

''...iar.''

''Liar.''

'Huh...?'

"Liar! Liar! Liar!"

"Liar! Liar! Subaru, you liar!"  Subaru recognized that voice all to well...

'W-What...is this?' thought Subaru.

Subaru saw Emilia crying over his dead body, and from the looks of it... Subaru stabbed himself in the throat, in other words he killed himself. He also saw an unconscious Rem next to the pair. The rest of the scene showed Felix doing everything he could to save him, but it was to late, his soul was already gone.

The last words before the scene in front of him was over was...

"You said..."

"You said... that you loved me." he heard those last words come from Emilia's mouth as the scene was over and he woke up in a cold sweat.

'W-What the hell...? I don't recognize that scene...I-I never killed myself....' thought Subaru as he had so many questions running through his head at the moment. It showed an unconscious Rem just laying on the ground while Emilia was crying over his death but the thing is... Rem was completely fine and he never stabbed himself in the throat with a knife.

So he only had to guess that something different must've happened or the scene that was shown to him was either what could've happened or something that did happen but in a different timeline or reality.