Chapter 6. Defeating The White Whale

"There it is..."

Rem saw Subaru narrow his eyes and looked in the same direction his eyes were directed at. There she saw moon, and a large figure flying towards them. Soon everyone saw it and realized what it was. The White Whale came close, as it flew right above them roaring as it did. Crusch was about to give the order to fire but...

"Let him have it!"

"Al Huma!"

Patrasche speed of with Subaru and Rem mounted on top, Rem fired ice magic at the beast, hitting it's underbelly. Crusch and the others were shocked by this act of bravery as they could see Subaru looking back them with his rist raised high in the air.

"Everyone! fallow those two fools into battle!"

The entire army charged forward. Magical cannons fired their beams at the side of the Whale, it roared loudly at the impacts. Another cannon fired the Night-banisher spell high into the air, making the night sky as bright as daylight. The entire military bombarded it with fire blasts and even more magical beams. Some soldiers flung flails and even spears at the beast.

Finally Wilhelm leapt into the fray and jumped onto the White Whale, he sliced into the monster with rapid slashes all around the giant creature. Then he was knocked off, only to be caught by his ground dragon. At this Subaru decided to lead it away from Wilhelm.

"Lets go Rem!"

"Yes!"

The White Whale followed them for awhile as it was sliced by a powerful green wind slash. Below it was Crusch who used her Hundred Man Sword Strike on the creature, instantly grabbing it's enraged attention. It releases a massive roar at another group of soldiers blowing them away as it charged right at her. Then it was hit on the side by Mimi and Hetaro's sonic blast. The attack was quickly followed up by Anastasia's Fang of Iron mercenary group, who attacked from the side. They hacked and slashed at it while Crusch went around and used more of her Sword Strike to injure the beast more.

The White Whale became angry and released a huge shockwave around itself and sent people flying. The White Whale then tried to continue towards Subaru, but Wilhelm was flung into the air by Ricardo and was able to slice away more of the White Whale. Finally he reached it's left eye and actually cut it out. The Whale screamed in pain, as Wilhelm fell back to the ground near Subaru. Lifting up the eye with his sword, he started back at the beast, nearly drenched in blood.

"Pathetic."

Just then, they all noticed the Whale's remaining eye turned blood red and a humongous humming sound was coming out of the White Whale. Immediately, the White Whale let out a powerful roar that made everyone that made everyone wince in pain, even Ricardo and Wilhelm. 

Then it stopped...just as powerful fog exploded out of the White Whale.

The entire area was now encased with fog as Subaru and Rem were trying to regroup with everyone. In the distance they could hear the death cries of many of their comrades as they were picked off by the White Whale. Subaru and the other survivors later regrouped as they tried to figure out how to escape the fog.

They then heard a loud high pitched screech all around them, soon after the soldiers fell into a state of madness. Even Rem clutched her head in pain, the only one that wasn't affected at all was Subaru.

"Rem! What is this!?"

"It's like mana intoxication, but much worse."

"I see..."

Subaru realized he had to give the healers all the time they needed, so he raced off with Rem to catch the Whale's attention.

He did the only thing he knew that would get it's attention.