Chapter 17. Arrival of Envy

Moments prior before Subaru left the tomb...

Hikaru and the others were waiting outside for Emilia and Subaru to come outside. But his along with everyone else's attention was now focused on the silver haired half elf walking out the tomb. Their relief was short lived when they noticed Subaru wasn't with her. Hikaru already sensing something was wrong, steadily placed his hand on his katana.

"E-Emilia...?"

Emilia didn't answer, which seemed to put the group on edge, especially Rem. When Emilia got closer to the group, Rem could smell it...she smelled the Witch's Miasma. This in turn caused some red flags to set off in Rem's head as she immediately assumed that something happened to Subaru. Without thinking Rem did the unthinkable, she charged at Emilia fully intent on killing her. Ram and Hikaru along with everyone else called after her, but their words fell on deaf ears as she didn't hear them.

"Witch!"

When Rem got close enough, 'Emilia' uttered one word...

"Give him."

Once those words left her mouth, shadows quickly shot out of her and charged right at Rem at intense speeds. Rem couldn't react in time as the shadows were getting closer and closer, until she felt something lift her up in the air a long with everyone else. Rem looked down and noticed she along with everyone else were floating on tornados made purely out of wind.

"W-What...?"

"Geez, are you an idiot or what?"

Rem turned around to see Hikaru floating in the air, giving her an annoyed look.

"You dumbass! Do you ever think before you act?! Geez you nearly died! How do you think Ram or Subaru would feel?! Did you ever think about that?!"

"...R-Rem is-"

"Don't apologize Rem, just don't do stupid things like that again. Otherwise, it'll get you killed."

Rem said nothing but nodded.

"What th' hell happened to th' Princess?!" Garfiel exclaimed as he glared daggers at the half elf.

"That isn't Emilia anymore...that's someone else entirely!"

And how right he was indeed, that wasn't Emilia, that was someone else. And Hikaru knew from the descriptions that Rem and Ram gave him, along with the many books he's read at the mansion, that this was none other than Satella, The Witch of Envy who destroyed half of the world 400 years ago. And Hikaru knew for a fact that she was NOT to be taken lightly, seeing how she destroyed half of the world.

Hikaru quickly turned to Ryuzu and exclaimed.

"Ryuzu! We're heading for the village alright?!"

"Yes, go ahead Young Takahashi."

Ram who was silent the whole time didn't say anything. She was still in a state of shock from the current turn of events. She was also surprised by Hikaru to say the least, this was no doubt wind magic. But it was completely different from how she's seen others use it, especially herself, she also knew that having an affinity for flying magic was rare and only a few people like Roswaal could do it, so the fact that she saw someone other than Roswaal fly with ease surprised her. Ram was about to ask until shadow like tendrils shot towards the group. Hikaru maneuvered the others and himself from the tendrils as he flew full blast towards the village.

"Give him. Give him. Give him. Give him. Give him. Give Him." The Witch exclaimed as she gave chase.

Hikaru was able to get him and the others to the village, though it took some difficulty dodging and moving the others out the way of the attacks. Once they got there, they already saw the villagers running away in fear as a large black mass moved across the village, scooping up people and absorbing them into it's body. It was crushing houses and smashing the very ground under it. Hikaru seeing that the safest option was to land the group safely far away from the shadows, landed on a very high building.