Chapter 19. Through Hell and Back Part 1

Once they arrived at the mansion, Subaru and Hikaru both looked around to make sure nobody was around. Once confirming that, the duo approached the mansion and knocked on the door to which Frederica answered the door, but she noticed that the two boys were extremely cautious.

"Subaru-sama, Hikaru-sama. It's nice see you two again."

"It's nice to see you as well, Frederica. I know Subaru and I are early but I need you and Petra to evacuate to the village and take cover there."

"Wait what's going on?" Frederica asked in a serious manner.

"Subaru got information that someone might attack the mansion, so me and him are evacuating everyone here. We just want you to be safe."

Petra had noticed from one of the windows looking down on the entrance that Subaru and Hikaru had returned, making the young maid curious on what was going on. She quickly managed to catch up on the conversation with her giving Subaru a hug.

Subaru explained the rest of the details as Frederica nodded her head in understanding.

"I'm sorry to make you deal with this, but I know you can handle it." Said Subaru as he rubbed his head.

Subaru turned towards Petra and thanked her for the protective charm she gave him much to her delight.

"Really? I was useful to you?"

"Yeah. You saved my life... Well that's not totally accurate, but that's how helpful it was."

"I'm so glad! In that case, you can thank me with one date!"

"Got it. It'll be an honor to be your first date. I'll get fired up for it."

"Then it's a promise! Well, I'm going to go get ready! Petra said as she ran off.

"I-Is he a pedophile....?"

"Oh shut up Kaida! It's young love, and besides Petra seems to have a crush on him!" Hikaru inwardly yelled at his partner.

Hikaru turned towards Subaru and asked if he was ready, with him nodding his head. They both went inside the mansion with Frederica praying for their safety. Once Petra and Frederica were gone, the two boys nodded to each other as they were prepared to get Beatrice out of the library and leave before there were any casualties. The two looked around for a bit until they found Beatrice's door, before they went inside, Hikaru told Subaru he would wait outside while he went to talk to Beatrice. Subaru complied and quickly opened it so it wouldn't move to another location. Once inside Beatrice looked at the two as if she was expecting him here.

"You're finally here, I suppose."

"I'm here for a different reason than last time."

"Do as you wish. It's all quite ironic either way, I suppose."

"..."

"The end of a contract that lasted a long, long time... By bringing an end to the end of the end, I will truly be set free this time. Of course...the fact that it has to be with you of all people, makes it an ending far too ironic for me, I suppose.

In the hallway, Hikaru was leaning on the wall until he sensed a familiar Ki, but he also sensed bloodlust and malicious intent. Hikaru opened his eyes wide, grabbed his katana and turned his head towards the intruder.

"I know you're there Elsa, there's no point in trying to hide."

"Well, I never expected you to find me that quickly.~" Elsa said seductively while she licked her blade, freaking the young mage out.

"She's got issues."

"Yeah, no shit Kaida."

"So I'm guessing you're here to kill everyone hear right?"