Chapter 20.Through Hell and Back Part 2

The group of two charged at the trio as they got ready for the upcoming fight. Hikaru charged at Elsa and clashed blades with her once more as Valtos sent magic bullets towards Subaru and Beatrice. Subaru with his quick reflexes, quickly summoned the Demon Slayer Sword and with the flat side of the blade, reflected it back towards the spatial mage.

Beatrice looked at Subaru's blade and couldn't help but make a comment on it.

"For a dull and rusty blade it can certainly hold it's own, I suppose." said Beatrice as she got Subaru's attention.

"Eh? Trust me this sword may look rusty but it has a lot of abilities, ever heard the 'saying never judge a book by it's cover?' " said Subaru, only to get a scoff from Beatrice in return.

'Typical loli.' thought Subaru as he turned his attention towards Valtos.

"So what reason would you and this so called "Eye Of The Midnight Sun" have in order to be working with the Bowel Hunter?" asked Subaru as he narrowed his eyes at his opponent.

"That'd be none of your concern boy!" exclaimed Valtos as he opened his grimoire and got into a battle stance with Subaru doing the same and charged at each other. Meanwhile Hikaru and Elsa were clashing blades as none of them were letting up their attacks.

"You know for someone that gets turned on by seeing other people's guts, your pretty good at this." said Hikaru as he dodged an attack aimed at his neck from Elsa.

"I must say the same for you too, I'm actually having fun right now."

"Well I hope I can continue entertaining you then." Hikaru said as his blade lit on fire. As Hikaru sent a flame based slash towards Elsa, Beatrice quickly noticed it and quickly fired an icicle directly at the two, narrowly missing Hikaru and surprising Elsa since she wasn't expecting their fight to end so soon.

"What the hell Beatrice?! That could've hit me!" Hikaru exclaimed as he pointed a finger at the drilled haired loli.

Beatrice with that same uninterested look on her face replied. "No magic here idiot, I don't want you burning the place down, in fact."

"Well when you put it that way then, I'm sorry."

"Just don't damage any of the books, in fact!"

"I wont!" said Hikaru as he turned his attention back towards Elsa only to block an attack that was aimed towards his stomach.

"Hasn't anyone ever taught you to not turn your back on your opponent?" asked Elsa slightly annoyed.

"Well, I'm sorry if annoyed you but, I'll have to wrap this up you now. But don't worry if you survive then I'll make sure to fight you again." said Hikaru as he pushed Elsa off of him.

Hikaru took this chance to attack Elsa, as he was inches away from cutting her with his blade, a black substance suddenly spread out beneath both Hikaru and Elsa's feet.

'Shit I forgot he could do that!' thought Hikaru as he saw Elsa smiling.

Subaru quickly turned his attention to Hikaru as he ran towards him before he was sucked into the black portal. But was quickly stopped as Hikaru called out to him.

"Subaru, don't worry about me I'll take care of Elsa. You need to get Beatrice out of here!"

"But-!"

"Don't worry Subaru, I can take care of her, just take Beatrice out of here now!"

O-Ok, but you better not die you hear me?!"

"Heh, I should say the same to you." Said Hikaru as he and Elsa were transported to a different area, leaving Subaru and Beatrice alone with the member of the eye of the midnight sun member, known as Valtos.

"Well what are you going to do now boy?" asked Valtos as he had his grimoire out, ready to attack the duo.

"I have a trick up my sleeve, though I wasn't really planning to reveal it so soon." said Subaru as he made the Demon Slayer Sword completely vanish and got into a different stance. Some anti magic started to appear around Subaru as he was completely concentrated. But before he could even finish what he was about to do Beatrice interrupted him as she chanted.

"Shamak."

With that one chant, a black fog of smoke suddenly appeared and surrounded the entire library, catching Valtos off guard and snapping Subaru away from his concentration. He quickly picked up Beatrice and bolted toward the door, leaving Valtos in the smoke cloud.

"So, what are you going to do now, I suppose?"

"We're going to regroup with Frederica and Petra, and with the rest of the villagers as well!" said Subaru as they made it towards the woods where they saw a little girl with blue hair and green eyes surrounded my Mabeast of different kinds.

The little girl noticed them as she started to speak.

"Oh, it's you two. Whatever are you doing way out here? I didn't expect Elsa and Valtos to be this sloppy."

"Oh don't worry about her, she's being taken care of by someone else at the moment same with that corpse looking bastard!" said Subaru as he looked at Meili with some anger in his eyes.

"And you're the Mabeast user."

"I had so much fun when you played with us that day."

Subaru began to recall that he and Rem went to save this girl when they thought she was in danger from the Mabeast. This got him angry since he remembered all the crap they went through in order to save her along with the other village kids.

It didn't help with the fact that most of the crap he went through with involved the following, such as dying in his sleep and him getting the life drained from him due to the curse before Rem slaughtered him as well as to add the fact that Rem died from the said curse in another loop and he had to jump off a cliff just to loop back and save her.

It also didn't help that Rem nearly died and nearly killed him when she went into her Oni mode. Due to his anger from remembering those failed loops, his eyes turned into red with his slits as pupils as he narrowed his demonic looking eyes towards the girl only for her to smile and bring in closer Mabeast towards her.

"You know for a Mabeast user, I never thought a kid of all people would be the one controlling Mabeast." said Subaru as he was genuinely pissed.

"I'm Meili Portroute. Don't call me by such an unappealing name."

"The village...What did you do to Petra and the others?!"

The big maid and the little maid from the mansion...it's a shame the little one turned out to be Petra-chan, though."

"A shame? What are you..."

"Don't worry! She is my friend. Once I found her, I made sure it was over in one bite so she wouldn't suffer."

Once those words came out of her mouth, Subaru knew what had happened. Petra was dead, he couldn't save her and she died again in this loop, he failed, he felt like absolute shit and started blaming himself for her death.

'I couldn't save her in that loop and I failed to save her in this one...damn it!'

Subaru's thoughts were interrupted once they heard an explosion near an nearby area close to the mansion.

"I hope Hikaru is doing ok."

"Hmm he'll take care of this, I suppose."

"My My, such faith in that boy."

Subaru and Beatrice noticed Elsa's voice and quickly turned their attention towards the Bowel hunter. Subaru summoned his Demon Dweller Sword and prepared himself for a fight alongside Beatrice, both seeing that they were going to have to fight again.

This loop was truly hell on earth...

Authors note: Alright so I just wanted to apologize for not updating during all this time as well as this chapter being so short. I had some stuff going on and I was focused on school. I also wanted to spend some time with my family over the summer but not to worry this story is officially back. And the chapters will be coming as well. I also wanted to say thank you so much for the support you guys have given me for this story, and I am forever grateful. I'll see you all in the next chapter.