Chapter.5 Preparations For The White Whale

Subaru had later returned with Rem to discuss a deal with Crusch, Anastasia, and Russell Fellow, merchant guild president, in a plan to take down the White Whale. While the meeting was shaky at first, Crusch accepted his deal, using her Divine Protection of Wind Reading to do so. 

"Divine Protections are really amazing though."

"Well, yes Natsuki Subaru. Though how do you know when the Whale will appear? You didn't mention anything about it."

Subaru decided to answer truthfully since he was working with Crusch he wasn't going to lie about how he knew she could just sense it, so he decided to tell her about Ki.

"Well that's easy, I can read it's Ki."

As Subaru said this he gained the attention of everyone in the room, even Rem was curious.

"Ki?"

"Yeah, you see Ki is a natural source of energy given off by people and objects when they move. It exists separate from mana."

"I see, and how does this Ki work?"

"Well, with the proper training, Ki-sensing can be used to predict attacks and others' movements, including natural objects and events found in nature. It can also be used to read peoples emotions and detect whether someone is lying or not."

The information shocked Crusch as well as Felix, and Wilhelm. They didn't know such a thing existed. But Rem was mostly shocked that Subaru could do something like that, she wondered if she could learn how to do Ki-sensing to.

"So since we are preparing for the upcoming battle I'm gonna go train. See you tomorrow."

With that Subaru left the mansion and went to the forest to train, as he made it to the forest Subaru only had two things in mind, to have better control of his anti magic and his Ki. And to find out how to summon the Anti Magic Swords. Subaru knew about the Anti magic swords he just didn't know how to summon them. That was his main goal.

"Ok in my dreams that white haired kid was able to pull the swords out of that same book, but people don't use those here they use gates and in my case it's different. I'm no longer human I'm a devil, not only that the book became a part of me so how am I supposed to do it?" 

Subaru at that moment came up with an idea, if the book was a part of him now then all he had to do was try to draw out that power. It would be the same as he drew out his anti magic, but this time he would try to summon the sword. 

"If I can summon that sword then maybe I might be able to do more against that damn whale, though I'm gonna have to focus really hard for this since it's my first time doing it."

Subaru already knew what the sword looked like, all he had to do was visualize it. As Subaru stretched his arm out, he closed his eyes and visualized. As he felt something in his hand he opened his eyes and what he saw shocked him. It was the same broad sword with the same black markings as before.