twenty three

paige

october 31, 2021

Thud.

My eyes start to slowly and sleepily open. It feels like I slept for like two hours.

I am still under the fort Harry had made for us the night before. Well, the fort that Harry had orchestrated. Mitch and Sarah had really made it for us. The only thing that was different from when the two of us had fallen asleep last night, was the fact that the warm body that had been wrapped tightly around me was no longer there.

I push myself up on my arms to look around for the source of the noise and for the body that I was missing right now, when I hear another thud and a smack.

"Shit," a voice mumbles.

It sounds like it came from the kitchen coming towards the living room. I get up and leave the warmth of the blankets and walk to the kitchen to faintly see the outline of Harry on the floor.

There were no lights on so it was difficult to really tell but unless a burglar with a broad shoulders, pearls and curly hair clipped back on the top of his head had broken in, it was Harry.

I flicked on the light over the sink which had a softer glow to see, like I had guessed, Harry on the floor.

"Harry! Are you okay?" I ask, walking over quickly to help him up.

"I'm fine," he said standing up to his full height. "I didn't want to turn on any lights cause I didn't want to wake you up. So much for that plan. I just tripped over the chair but I'm okay."

He had a pair of black flare jeans with a hoodie and his beat up white Vans. His hair was pulled back in a little clip on top of his head and his pearls sat around his neck.

For five in the morning he looked absolutely amazing.

"Are you okay though? Did you hurt yourself? I can get you some ice if yo--"

"Baby I'm fine. Really. I'm a klutz so falling is like second nature to me. Do it all the time," he says while chuckling slightly.

"Okay. Just wanted to make sure."

He lets out a short little laugh and leans in to give me a small kiss but I pull back.

"I don't think you wanna do that," I say. "Morning breath."

"Yeah. Funnily enough, I don't really care," he says leaning back in with his hands cupping either side of my face, pressing his lips to my own.

It isn't a very long kiss, but even for so early in the morning I feel the fire behind it. No matter how many times he kisses me or even touches me for that matter, it always sends a spark of electricity down my spine. His tongue slips into my mouth when I open my lips slightly at the feeling of his hands going down to grab the flesh of my ass. A soft groan escapes my lips as I pull him even closer to me, threading my hands through the curls at the back of his neck.

His lips detach from mine as his phone starts to ring on the counter.

He lets out a huff and throws his head back.

"Every fucking time!" He exclaims reaching over to pick up the device and I laugh.

"Hello," he says in a gruff tone.

My hands slide from around his neck down his front to clasp behind his back. I press my head on his chest and I feel his one arm warp around me, tightening our embrace as he rests his chin on top of my head.

"I'm fine thank you. Yeah I'm ready to go. Great thanks I'll be down in a minute. Okay bye," he says into the phone.

He hangs up the phone and puts it into his back pocket. Now both of his arms wrap around me in a hug, squeezing me.