six

above is the look of the apartment but at night obviously

harry

"Are we almost there," I say.

We took the tube or the "subway" about thirty blocks downtown and now we've been walking for about fifteen blocks.

"Oh relax," she said nudging my shoulder playfully. "We're almost there."

"You said that like five blocks ago," I whine like a child.

"You're gonna love it."

About a block later we stopped in front of an old building that looked pretty worn down.

"Alright we're here," she said.

She takes her keys out of her bag and puts one of them into the lock and pushes the door open.

"Cmon up," she says and I follow her up several flights of stairs and up to another door.

She pushes a different key into the door yet again and pushes it open. It was a small studio apartment, filled with art supplies and plants. In a far off corner there was a small recording set up wit a mic, head phones, speakers, and a small mixing board. The best part of the space was the windows. They covered the walls and through them you had a gorgeous view of the city. Pushed against the wall was a small sofa with a few pillows and blankets scattered across it.

"Wow. This is incredible. What is this place?" I ask her.

She leads me into the studio apartments.

"This belongs to one of my friends. She goes to school with me and is an art major. This is her studio. We would come here a lot during the year just to have a change of scenery. So I brought some of my recording stuff here. I started to use it as a recording space and a writing place and she uses it for working on some of her art stuff."

We walked over to the couch and she grabs the pillows and blankets and throws them on the floor and plops down to face the windows.

"Pretty right?"

"Yeah it's beautiful."

She pulls out her phone and connects it to the Bluetooth speaker by the microphone and starts to play some music. I'd never heard the song but it's very relaxing. She shivers slightly and I pull off the flannel I was wearing to leave me in a white t-shirt and a pair of great sweatpants with my black vans. I opted for a more comfortable look tonight.

"Thanks," she said as she slipped the flannel on over her clothes.

"So, how about we play a game. I'll ask you twelve questions and you have to answer all of them and then you can ask me twelve questions and I will answer them honestly," I say stretching my legs out in front of me as I lean back against the couch.

"Okay. What's the first one," she says as she leans back against the sofa next to me.

"Where are you from?"

"I grew up in a small town in New Jersey."

"Ah yes the garden state."

"Yup. My mom and I actually grew a garden together in our backyard. It was like our thing. I spent so much so much time there."

"A little garden girl I see," I say chuckling slightly.

"Okay what is your favorite artist and song by them, besides me," I say tossing an imaginary piece of hair over my shoulder.

She laughs and nudges my shoulder lightly.

"I think that might count as two questions but my favorite artist is Maggie Rogers and Overnight is my favorite song by her."