twenty eight

november 10th, 2021

paige

**TW: MENTION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT**

"Bunny? Are you home?"

I jump up from the bed and Harry gets up, intertwining his fingers with mine as my smile grows. I pull him down the hallway to the top of the stairs where I look down and see my mom standing at the bottom with a smile curling on her face.

"Mom" I say running down the stairs.

I reach the bottom and wrap my arms tightly around her.

I missed her.

A lot.

My mom and I had been through a lot together. From her and my dad's divorce, his abuse, to Dean and all of high school, and then college.

She is my rock.

She is the one person who has consistently been there for me during everything.

"Hi bunny," she says, as we break away from each other. "How are you doing?"

I smile at her.

"I'm good," I say.

I turn around to behind me where Harry has walked down and reached us at the bottom of the stairs.

"Mom, this is Harry. Harry this is my mom," I say, smiling at the two most important people in my life.

"It's lovely to meet you Ms. Lowe," he says, extending his hand.

My mom shakes her head and pulls him into an embrace.

"None of that. And call me Lauren. If you haven't figured it out yet, we don't do traditional and normal."

"Oh yeah, thanks for not doing what I asked you to do with my room," I say as Harry and my mom broke apart.

She grinned evilly.

"Oh I thought you said put everything up and display and I was like 'Okay. That's a little strange but okay.' Is that not what you said to do?" she asks, an evil look growing on her face.

"Oh yeah thank you for that. I had a good laugh at it and not gonna lie I don't think I've ever seen someone go that red," Harry says chuckling.

"Thank you Harry. At least someone here enjoys my comedic brilliance."

I hide my face in my hands and groan.

"Is this what it will be like for the rest of break. You two are making fun of me," I say.

"Hey," Harry chuckles, walking over to me and wrapping his arm around my waist. "It won't be all of the time. Just most of it," he says, pressing his lips to the top of my head.

I let out another groan of irritation and he and my mom cackle.

"I knew introducing you guys was a bad idea," I say walking away and going into the kitchen.

"Oh come on. I said we won't do it all the time," Harry says, following me into the kitchen laughing.

"Yeah. Only most of the time," my mom says.

I sit at the kitchen table and put my head in my hands.

"I am really regretting introducing you two."

Harry sits down next to me and my mom goes over to the fridge to get something to drink. "Okay okay. We'll stop. For now," she says, pulling out some passion tea.