twenty four

october 31, 2021

paige

"Where did you learn to do this?"

I am standing in the bathroom with Harry behind me, using a curling iron to do my hair for tonight. I had started a few minutes ago when Harry walked by and asked to do it for me.

"Gemma was notorious for running late to everything when we were younger so she would always have me do her hair to help her get ready faster," he said, his eyes laser focused on the rod that he was carefully wrapping my hair around.

I smile at him through the reflection of the mirror, as he finishes the last strand, gently putting the iron down.

"All done," he says, beaming, taking in his work. He gently runs his fingers through the freshly made curls to tone them down and then turns us around so I now face him.

His eyes still looked a little sleepy and his lips slightly turned up. His hair was still ruffled from the pillows. We had basically just had a lazy day after our short little nap. We both were able to get an extra 3 hours of sleep before Harry woke us up determined to "return the favor" from what had occurred in the shower earlier.

We then just cuddled in bed and watched a few more episodes of Gilmore Girls. It was funny to me because I have been watching this show for years before it was popular on Netflix, so it was nice to share something that was important to me with him. And it was funny to see him get invested in the show and all the characters. I couldn't wait for him to meet Logan and watch the British episode. I'm sure he would have a lot to say about that one. After a little bit, we got out of bed and got dressed to head to the arena. I packed up my bag with my costume for after the show and started getting dressed for the show.

"Hey," I say to him, looking at him, my arms go to rest around his waist. "So I uh, I wanted to ask you something really fast."

"Shoot," he says, his thumbs rubbing my back softly.

"So my fall break is coming up soon. It's in like a weekish and I was planning on going home to New Jersey for it for Thanksgiving. I was uh, well I was wondering if you maybe wanted to come with me. I know my mom really wants to meet you and I would love to show you around my town a bit. If it's all to soon and you don't want to go it's okay. I won't be offended or anything, I just wanted to ask and se-"

Harry cuts me off and smashes his lips against mine. My eyes goes wide and my body tenses with surprise before I relax into him. My lips move against him and my hands go to their home in his hair, pulling him against me as close as possible. Our lips smack as we separate his eyes boring into my own, his forehead against mine.

"Of course I want to come with you. I want to meet you mom and your friends and see where you grew up. I want you to show me everything and I love that you want me to spend time with you with people and in a place that means so much to you."

"Really?"

He smiles at me.

"Absolutely."

I smile back up at him, brushing my lips against his shortly. He gives me one last squeeze before we both get all of our last minute stuff packed together.

"Hey," I say to him, looking at him. "Whose party is it again?"

"It's at Stevie's house. We will go there after the show and it should be pretty fun. Her parties are always a goo-"

"Wait a minute. Stevie? Stevie who?"

If he is about to tell me who I think it is I might pass away.