twenty two

october 30, 2021

paige

"Okay. So it's going to be pretty crazy but just stay with me and you should be fine."

The show had finished and we were now standing by the back doors, getting ready to get into the car to take us back to Harry's.

We both had gone back to our dressing rooms and gotten changed out of our costumes from the show and back into our regular street ware. I was back in my leggings and Harry's hoodie, clutching my black bag that I had brought with me in one hand and my other was holding on to Harry's bicep. He was in a pair of black joggers with his beat up Vans and white t-shirt. He had put on a black overcoat as an extra layer to shield him from the chilly autumn air along with a blue cap that kinda looked like a newsboy cap. It almost made me mad that he still looked so good in just normal street clothes.

A car had been called to meet us at the back of the arena. Apparently the back would be less crowded than the front entrance, but people would still be there. We had three guard with us to help us with any potential craziness. Harry had said that there might be more people tonight, waiting to try and see us because I am "fresh meat".

I'm a little anxious. I have never really done well with crowds. They feel really overwhelming for me. I am really claustrophobic when it comes to being in an area with lots of people. I am also trying not to think of what people might ask or say about us. I knew it was going to come but that didn't mean it was any less terrifying.

I look up at Harry who is smiling down at me. I give his arm a squeeze while he places a gentle kiss on my temple.

"Ready?" he asks me.

I nod my head.

"Ready."

The guard opens the door and we both walk out. Harry leads the way with my fingers entwined with his.

My ears are met with the sound of voices.

Screams and shoots flood my eardrums.

My eyes are being blinded by hundreds of flashes.

There are people everywhere.

Screaming, snapping photos, trying to get close to Harry.

People shout questions at both of us, asking about how we met, but mostly professing their love for Harry and saying how great the show was.

My hand was being tightly squeezed by Harry's as he led us both through the crowd quickly to the car. Both Harry and I keep our eyes down for the most part, occasionally throwing a few smiles out at the crowd.

My heart is racing, when all of a sudden I feel a hand grab my upper arm. I'm suddenly being pulled out of Harry's grasp and towards the crowd. My eyes frantically search for Harry's, not knowing what to do.

"Are you sleeping with him or something you bitch?!"

I looked at the person who was the owner of the hand that had grasped me. She has a fire behind her eyes of rage. I look at her with confusion.

"Wha-I," I stammer when I feel a new hand grab my own.

My head turns around frantically, when I meet green eyes and curly chestnut hair.

"Hi. Please don't grab her like and talk to her that way. That was very rude please don't try and pry into her personal life. Please try and be respectful of both of us."

Harry smiles at the fan who has released me and looks back at me, while we move away and back on our path to the black SUV, his arm wrapped around my waist protectively. Once we reach the car, Harry opens the door for me and places his hand on my lower back to guide me inside. He follows me in, and gives a short wave to the crowd before closing his door.