eighteen

*S M U T*  COMING AHEAD

paige
october 29, 2021

I stand in front of him in utter and complete shock.

"Wh-What? What do you mean sing it with you?"

"At the show tomorrow night. I want you to sing your part of the song, live, with me. A little treat for the first night of Harryween," he says with a smile curling upon his lips.

"Harry that's insane. First of all, it's your show and your song and I shouldn't come in and ruin it. People would hate me. Second, that is completely and utterly terrifying. Third, what would people say? They would figure out who I am and probably want to know how we know each other. Fourth, that would be my first time performing anything that I have helped create in front of a crowd larger than 15 at the occasional coffee shop. Fifth, I have nothing to wear even if I did agree and people are going all out for this. People are saying it might be bigger than fashion week. Sixth, I'm sure that it takes a lot of time and planning to put this together and I don't think people would appreciate the last minute change. Seventh, I wouldn't know what I'm doing," I say in pretty much one breath.

I look everywhere around the room without looking at him and when I finish my rambling, his fingers nudge my head up to look at him. I'm sure utter terror is etched in every line in my face. He just asked me to sing with him at MSG.

Maddison fucking Square Garden.

OUT OF THE BLUE!

Just a casal, "oh hey wanna sing with me at one of the shows of my world tour which happens to be one of the biggest shows on tour."

"One, you're right it is my show and my song and I thought what you did with the song was absolutely beautiful and creative. It deserves to be shared and now I don't believe people would hate it. Second, yes it is scary but I would be there with you and I would help you through it. Third, yes people would probably figure out who you are which could prove to be a good thing and as for people questioning our relationship and how we met we can just say we met out in the city and got to talking and became friends which is true. Fourth, it is a rather large venue but like I said I would be right there with you. And so would Mitch and Sarah and the rest of the band. Fifth, your outfit would not be an issue. I happen to be pretty well connected in the fashion world and I have an idea for what we could do. Also I don't think it will be bigger than fashion week but I'll take a pretty close second. Sixth, yes it takes time and planning but a phone call or two and it would be all sorted out no big deal. And seventh, I would help you and we would have a rehearsal where we would go through everything."

I just stand there like an idiot and stare at him.

He had an answer for everything.

Every reason, every doubt, every fear I had, he made better with simple answers. I couldn't believe it. I feel the wheels in my head turning. Yes singing in front of that many people is scary, but it wasn't even about that. The thought of singing with him, and especially the song that meant so much to me, was exciting and made my insides warm and made excitement run through my veins.

"Okay," I say softly.

The words came out of my mouth before my brain could stop them from coming out. But I wanted them to come out..

His eyes, still a little glassy, light up and he smiles.

"Really?"

"Yes. I'll do it."

"I can't believe that you agreed that quickly. I had a whole speech planned if you said no."

"Well you made good points earlier and honestly the thought of getting to sing with you makes me happy."