thirty six

january 12, 2022

bologna, italy

paige

nine hours

The sweet melody of Stevie floated through the air and through my ears. I feel the heat of the sun on my cheek and the soft cushion of the bed beneath my frame.

My eyes start to open and allow the bright beams of morning to come through my lashes. I brush the loose strands of hair out of my vision and slowly begin to push myself up off the cloud like bed. I pick up my glasses from the bedside table to fully take in the view in front of me. The doors to our small balcony were opened and the white curtains fluttered in the breeze.

Harry, dressed only in loose grey sweats, leans against the railing. On the small table next to him was a full breakfast spread which included, orange juice and coffee, fruit, and a variety of pastries. A small black speaker sat in the middle with a small bouquet of yellow roses.

A smile grows on my lips as I quietly pad across the cool tiled floor in one of Harry's shirts. I wrap my arms around Harry's waist from behind him and press my lips to his warm skin before resting my cheek under his shoulder blades.

He tenses at the initial contact before realizing who it was sneaking up from behind and then relaxing into my grip.

"Hello superstar," he says, placing his own hands a top my own and rubbing his thumbs soothingly over my hands, his voice still raspy from sleep.

"Hi handsome," I say softly.

He turns around in my grip to face me, his hands cupping my face a grin growing and growing to a cheshire size on his face.

"I am so excited for tonight," he says before lowering his lips to level with mine and pressing them together.

I smile into the kiss.

Tonight was the night.

I was opening for him.

We break our kiss with a gentle smack of lips. His eyes a glimmering emerald and his smile pearly white.

"I made you breakfast. Have to make sure you have your energy for tonight," he said, tucking hair behind my ear.

I look over at the table filled with nutrients.

"You made breakfast?" I say with a raised brow.

He rolled his eyes.

"Okay well, I called room service," he says while taking my hands and guiding me over to the table. "I did however provide the music," he finishes with a gesture to the speaker.

He pulls out my chair and helps me to sit down before walking to the other side of the table and taking a seat himself. He pours both myself and him a cup of coffee while I reach over and pile strawberries and pineapple into my bowl along with a croissant on my plate.

"So hummingbird. How are we feeling?" Harry asks, tearing a piece of pastry before popping it into his mouth.

"I'm nervous but mostly excited. It helps that I've already done it kinda once before so the massive nerves of performing to a large audience is lessened."

"You are going to be incredible. I am excited to watch you," he says.

I laugh softly.

"Well I hope you remember that you also have a show to do right after my part. I think you'll be a little busy getting ready to watch me."