Anna

Tabitha's P.O.V.

Sighing as I realized that it was just my pants caught on the glass that was restraining me from moving. I began to kick desperately to get them off when I felt the glass go into my leg.

I didn't care.

 I desperately slid off my pants and began to run, feeling the glass move every time my leg did. I looked down to see all the blood and a 2” piece of glass, but there was no time to stop and get it out of my leg.

I finally caught up with the girl who’s name I didn’t know yet. She was a very fast runner but I was just as fast, hurt leg or not. 

We ran into the woods for cover, both collapsing on the ground catching our breath. Right as I began to ask questions she told me that we weren't far enough yet. We had to get out of the woods or somewhere to hide for the night.

It was getting late and they would come looking, if they weren't already. We got up and began to jog through the woods, coming to a small stream.

"We should follow the stream. It will cover our tracks if were careful not to sink." We both agreed and began to walk along the rocks.

"What's your name?" She asked me. Breathing rugged from all the running we had just done.

 "Tabitha, but you can call me Tabby. What's yours?"

"My name is Ann, but I'd rather be called Anna or Annabelle. So, tell me about yourself." She said, daring me to answer.

"Well, I'm nineteen. I have three deceased siblings, a mother that’s missing, and a father that has completely lost his wits." I felt tears well up in my eyes, but I quickly wiped them away.

We trampled through the water for a good hour, staying close as the woods started to get darker and darker.

"I don't have family." She said, solemnly and sadly looking down kicking at rocks in the creek.

"My mom, brother, and little sister died in a house fire, I've been on the streets ever since." I looked at her, and seen the tears. I instinctively went to hug her as we walked slowly in silence.

My leg began to go numb as I told her we needed to find a place to go. The woods weren’t a place to be at night.

We sat down for a minute, when she seen the glass in my leg.

“Oh no, that looks bad Tabby.”

As she went to help me get the glass out, we heard the snapping of branches. We both ducked, crashing into the water. We crawled along the bank, up a small embankment. We moved the grass out of our faces, and in front of us about 10 meters away, stood the woman.

I felt a tear slide down my face anger and fear building as she got closer. I knew if we got caught it was over. I felt something rub against my leg, putting my hand over my mouth as I realized Ann did the same thing, looking at me with fear glowing back at me.

We looked at each other awestruck. As we both knew our fate was sealed, we turned to look behind us. I held my breath, realizing it was over. 

Davin's P.O.V. 

I tried to scream but it came out more as a moan. I coughed desperately trying to get my brain to work with my body. I was unbelievably light-headed from the landing and I could feel their teeth biting into my flesh.

I couldn't make out what they were but from the feel of it, they felt like ants. But the stings were so powerful; I couldn't help but writhe in pain. I knew a lot about insects, and the only ant this could be is the bullet ant, If it was an ant at all.

I must have landed on their home. I began to freak out because I knew they wouldn't stop until I was either dead or I ran, but I couldn't. I don't think it was possible for me to move, I'd just get up only to collapse again and be stung even more. So I just laid there, until fate took over.