I Didn't Know

Heidi’s P.O.V.

When I finally woke up, Alexander sat in front of me with the look of defeat and outrage covering his beautiful features. I wasn’t sure why he was so upset, but then I finally realized.

I wasn’t healed. He couldn’t heal me.

He looked up at me, his black eyes burning into my heart.

“I-I’m so- I’m so sorry.” He began to sob, tears streaking his pale face.

I didn’t understand why he was saying sorry but to a point I did.

My time was up.

My story was over, there is no happy ending. There is no more pain.

I knew it was over, as I was lying on a table still. My blood had dried, there was none left to lose. My body was blue, cold as ice.

I couldn’t help but wonder what was next for me.

I looked over at Alexander, his body trembled as he was losing someone he had grown to care so much for.

“I-I’m okay Alexander. I’ll be alright. It’s over. All the pain, the sorrow, the suffering, It’s finally over.”

Rage took over the sorrow as he got up, falling to his knees screaming in agony and hurt.

“I was supposed to save you, I was supposed to be there.”

Flashbacks of our time together played in my head, he was the best thing to have ever happened to me when I got here.

“What happens now?” My voice echoed through the silent room, as Alexander sat in an ora of defeat.

“I-I don’t know. I- I can’t remember.”

I wanted to hug him, to take all of his pain away.

He got up off the floor and trailed over to my side, running his hands through my hair as to comfort me as we waited. I didn’t know how long it would take. I didn’t know what to expect, where I’d go or who would be there.

Who I would become.

I didn’t know it would hurt this bad. I didn’t know I wouldn’t be able to say bye to Davin, or ever see Tabby again. I didn’t know death would hurt this much. I didn’t know the physical pain wasn’t the worst part. The worst part was the emotional pain when you lose everything you were just beginning to get use to again.

I didn’t know.

So now here I sit, and now I know.

Now I know that the worst part in life was knowing that you would lose everyone at some point. Even if you were the one who went first.