The Crash

Tabitha's P.O.V.

I ran through the emergency doors begging the secretary for rooms, areas, anything. As she was looking it up I heard my Dad call my name and I turned and darted his way. Dad- wha- I noticed blood covering his shirt. I dropped to the floor, crying so hard I began to drool.

Gathering my senses as my dad led me to Nina. Tears flowing down my face, I sat outside her door waiting for us to be able to see her.

“They are doing emergency surgery.”

I sat there silent. I had nothing to say.

The doctors came out of the room, one coming over to us.

“You can see her now. You don’t have long. There’s nothing else we can do but wait, nothings looks promising.”

I pulled myself off the floor, hastily dragging myself to her room. Walking in, I viewed the nurse pulling off her blood stained bed sheets. Nina laid on the bed, hopelessly breathing off of a tube. Holding myself together I walked over to her bedside, hitting my knees and lying my head on her hand. Five minutes later, the monitors went off and doctors rushed in, shocking her and screaming at us to get out of the way.  Dad had to drag me out as I collapsed, gasping for air through my tears.

I started praying, screaming to God to do something, anything. After getting her stable, a doctor took us to a grieving room to talk to us in private.

“Her brain is severely damaged, her eyes won’t dilate, she won’t breathe on her own. Both lungs collapsed and we were able to get one back up. She’s paralyzed fully on her left side, and she’s lost a lot of blood. She is getting a transfusion as we speak, but I cannot tell you anything good but another couple hours with her will come from it.”

Dad’s head hit the table as he heaved and grieved over his daughter.

“Is there anything else you can do anything at all?”

He shook his head, and reality slapped me in the face.

I was going to lose Nina to. Dads head popped up and he pressed for answers.

“What about my wife?  Where is she?  Why haven’t I seen her yet? Does she know about my daughter?”

The doctor looked at files and asked for my moms name.

“Katrina webber.” 

The Doctor got up out of the chair closing the door behind to find out more information. 20 minutes had gone by before he re-entered the room with us. “I’m afraid we have no patient by that name Mr Webber. I called every hospital in a 45 mile radius and they don’t have her either.”

My father jumped up in outrage.

“SHE WAS IN THE CAR WITH US, SHE WAS IN THE BACK WITH MY DAUGHTER! HOW COULD YOU NOT HAVE HER?!  DID YOU EVEN FIND HER? GO FIND HER!” He screamed, almost flipping the table.

 The doctor got up, and walked out leaving the door open. I trailed out of the meeting room and down to Ninas room, going in to kiss her beautiful face one last time before I didn’t have the chance to ever again.

Davin’s P.O.V.

I didn't remember falling asleep. I opened my eyes. "Asleep?" I said out loud. I wasn't asleep. I was on the concrete. I tried to move, but I was unable to. I was lying with my face pressed to the ground. I then remembered something important. I'm paralyzed.
"Nina." I said outloud. It wasn't really a question, it was just a understanding that she wasn't in my arms anymore. I couldn't move so there was no point in trying. I was stranded in the middle of this road, forever possibly.

 I then heard the pitter-patter of footsteps, and simultaneously I closed my eyes. He's probably back to finish me off, I figured in my head.