Time Stood Still

When I heard a familiar voice, and I closed my eyes and opened them again, to a different surrounding but familiar faces.

“Tabitha” I cried out, nearly tripping over my feet as I trampled towards her.

“Wha-How-“ I couldn’t speak properly.

I was so happy to see her again, but there was always that ping in my head as there was with everyone else,  that she had to die to be here with me. My excitement wore down, and I hugged my sister very tightly. Time stood still.

When we released one another, I looked over at Alexander.

“When will I meet my- the one I guard.”

“You just did.”

A smile crept over my face as I realized that I was Tabitha’s guardian.

“Guard?” She echoed over my words.

“I will guard you from all the evil this world brings, I will save you from every little thing that could ever harm you.”

As she understood a twinge of thoughts crossed her face.

The name Davin popped in my mind, and I answered her question before she began to speak.

“You will see him soon, Nina too.” My mind played like a security camera, as I watched Nina tear into some Cheetos.

Tabitha’s face twisted in shock her eyes turning behind me.

“What the hell is that.”

As I turned around, I saw it.

“Not again.” I huffed. Wondering when this damn thing would just go away and leave us alone.

Alexander giggled, as if it was enthralling that it was my turn to deal with it.

"Alexander?" I turned my head towards him for a split second. 

"Help?" 

Davin’s P.O.V.

I had been running for hours, Nina in my arms.

I was so tired and out of breath, but my sisters life was in my hands and I wouldn’t ever let anything happen to her.

When I finally found a place that seemed safe I stopped, running into a house trying to quiet a screaming Nina down. She puckered her lip out with tears rolling down her little face, her hair a mess.

She patted her stomach as if to notify me that she was hungry, and come to think of it I was to.

I creeped through the house slowly, making not too many sudden movements. I rummaged through the cabinet, and found a bag of Cheetos I opened and handed to her. She came first, I would rather starve than see her hungry. I watched her happily chow down

 She was the only good to come out of this place.

After she got done eating, we began our journey again. In hopes of running into Heidi. I traveled back towards town taking the back ways. I knew it would take a long while so I put Nina down on the ground to walk on her own. I didn't let go of her hand. I wouldn't let go of her hand.