Afraid

Davin's P.O.V. 
When I woke up, I was tied to a wall. The man that was holding me captive was walking around the room, hitting himself on the head over and over. He picked up a knife off the table and started walking towards me.

My heartbeat began to speed up, and I waited for about 30 seconds for the blade to end every hope and dream I ever had, but nothing happened. I eased my eyes open little by little. He was frozen. His eyes were hypnotically staring at me. I lowered my gaze to my restraints, twisting and turning my hands, but there was no use in trying. My wrists were tied too tight, and I couldn't just slip them out. My wrists began to burn every time I pulled against the ropes. I could tell I was getting rope burn, so I gave up.

"Who are you!?" I gritted my teeth waiting for a response.

"My name is Alexander.." He said, shifting his eyes back up to my face. They burned through me like acid.

"I'm Heidi's guardian angel." At that moment, I got extremely angry. I started flipping out again, pulling against the restraints.

 "THEN WHY AREN'T YOU HELPING HER!!!!!" I bellowed. My voice rang out high-pitched; I didn't notice that it was my voice. It actually startled me. It was like he summoned my anger to explode.

I felt my face turn red and violence oozing out of my pores.

"My sister is lying out there on that street, lifeless. You're sitting here torturing me to avenge her? What kind of guardian are you!?" I lost control of myself and tormented him.

 "You're sick, you're freaking sick." I heard him hiss under his breath. He looked back at me, ready to strike. He lashed out at the wall, making the room shake. He kicked dirt everywhere and bent down and picked up the knife that he had dropped.

I began worry that he was really going to kill me this time. His rage was gonna get the best of him. I should have just kept my big mouth shut.

 He began to violently slice the ropes off of my wrists and ankles and I hit the ground. He grabbed my wrist and told me to close my eyes, and I did.

I began to feel sick, and everything on my body hurt. When I opened my eyes we were in an alley. I spun around, recognizing the surroundings. I sprinted, and tripped, hitting the ground feeling my shoulder pop again. It was agonizing. I scrambled to my feet, seeing Heidi in the distance. I ran and ran till I couldn't breathe. I made it to her, and collapsed onto my knees next to her. I shook her, screaming.

"HEIDI! HEIDI HEIDI HEIDI! WAKEUP WAKE! UP!" I got no response from her, and began to cry. I looked back at him, and he was staring in awe at her laying there.

"FREAKING DO SOMETHING ALEXANDER! HELP HER!" He pushed me out of the way, and knelt in front of her. A light pink fluorescent light burned bright over her chest.

 "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HER!" I panicked, ready to throw him off of her.

"I'm healing her." He began focusing harder.

For five minutes Alexander was on his knees and finally the light stopped. He fell on his heels, dropping his arms at his side, flinging himself backwards

"I was afraid of this." He said, his voice filled with remorse.

"Afraid of what?" I squeaked.

"She's.. dead.."

Heidi's P.O.V.

I didn't know where I was. I couldn't feel anything but heat on my chest, and voices. I began to listen hard and study the voices. I could hardly hear. Was that.. Davin.. that I heard? Who was the other voice I was hearing? I couldn't place a face with the voice. My chest began to ache. I could almost feel my heart about to start to pump again, but then the heat stopped.

Everything stopped. They were giving up, and I knew it.

"She's dead." A voice cried out.

No, no I’m not. Don’t give up, please keep trying.” Began to echo in my mind.

 I heard Davin begin to argue. Then a loud commotion, and silence.

I felt the warm sensation rush over me again, but my heart wouldn't start beating. I began to give up, feeling as if I was going to fade for good this time. Was I finally going to meet God? What was happening?