The Outline in the Sky

Davin's P.O.V. 
"Dead? You're crazy! KEEP TRYING!" I roared at him. I'd never been so mad before in my whole life. I thought I had saw her chest lift up a bit, but I began to think I was hallucinating.

"Don't give up please, please don't give up." I leaned forward holding myself up with one arm. He started to try again, but then he stopped.

There was a huge commotion behind him, and we both looked up, confused. Then, I saw it. Night had fallen, and in the dark purple horizon a figure was outlined. It was sickening to look at. Slobber hung from its mouth, its face distorted with razor sharp teeth. Its howl echoed as it spotted its prey.

Me.

I fell back behind Alexander, coughing out fear. I felt tears condense and slip through my eyelashes. As the beast neared, I could hear his nails hitting the gravel. I fell back on my haunches.

 I felt its cold nails grab my leg, they were like talons. The next thing I knew I was in the air looking down at Alexander, who sat on the ground helplessly convicted of Heidi’s death.

Tabitha's P.O.V.
“Tick tock. Tick tock.” I squeezed my eyes and opened them, shaking my head slowly trying to get use to the brightness that was nearly blinding me. I quickly closed them again; trying to defeat the light. It wouldn't work, so I considered getting used to it and getting up. I tried to turn, pulling something in my back. I cried out, and realized that I was tied to some sort of hospital-like bed.

I shook my head in confusion. "Well, well, well." Something beckoned me to turn my head towards the voice. I did faintly remember what had happened, but I didn’t remember how I had gotten here. I twisted my head back and forth.

 "Where am I?" I fumbled with the straps. A female wearing a long pink jacket came up next to me.

"You're in an experiment."

"I'm in a what?" I said, easily confused by her words. 

"I don't understand?" My words came out more as a question than a statement.

"Oh, don’t worry you'll soon see." She chuckled, stepping over to tighten my straps. I heard the click-clank of her shoes stepping away.

"Pssst." Someone said from across the room.

"Hello?" I whispered, trying not to be loud.  I didn't hear anything else but I was startled by a cold hand touching my arm. I wanted to scream but something in me told me not to. I got adjusted to the light and looked over to see a young girl, no older then I was.

 She undid my restraints, trying not to be loud and undo them as fast as possible.

 "Listen to me, you need to run as fast as you can behind me. There is no doubt that if we don’t go now, we won’t get out of here alive. I’ve seen the things they do and I don’t want to end up like a her."

She pointed to a bed where a young girls body laid, a sheet covering her head.

 "What do you mean?" I gawked. I must be dreaming.

"I can't stand and chit-chat, either you come or you don't." She turned around and sprinted for the door. I hesitated, but began to run right behind her.

"I guarantee we have less than a minute to make it down this hall and through these doors. I’ve been here for a while studying the clock and the times they start the experiments. My time is nearing and I’m not waiting anymore. I watched four girls die in the last week. I watched them being injected with different medicines, every color in the book.”

This urged me to run faster.

“ It will take no time to run away, just to get out." She was out of breath.

I could only focus on our footsteps echoing down the hall.

By the time we got to the end of the hall, we'd reached the door. She kicked the glass as hard as she could.

"HELP ME!" she whispered and we began to kick the door.

"Why don't you just open it!?" I said, frightened.

 "You can't!" I kicked harder, and the glass cracked.

 "Now! at the same time!" We kicked it one more time harder than we had been kicking it before, and the glass shattered. I turned around, only to see two older people running full speed towards us.

She began to crawl out the opening, with me right behind her on my hands and knees. She was out and I was right behind her, feeling the glass slicing my hands and the back of my neck open. I was almost out, when something grabbed my pant leg. I turned around, terrified.