Tired and Hurt

Davin's P.O.V. 
Everything went dark, like someone turned out the lights. I heard something land next to me, but I couldn't turn my head to look at it. After all that had happened to me I just prepared myself for the worse.

 No good would ever come out of this place. For the last hour many things had been running through my head, as I sat in agonizing pain. I wondered where Nina was, and I felt like a failure when I was supposed to be her savior. What happened to her when I woke up that day? 

I hated myself for not being able to save her. It just wasn't fair.

I felt a warm hand touch my arm, and I flinched instantly. My body tensed up and I closed my eyes. It was almost simultaneous. I was hoisted up in someone’s arms. I never saw their face because of the darkness.

We began to fly upward, out of the hole. The warm air turning cool as we gained speed.  It was still night time when we reached our destination.

I didn't sense that this person was here to do harm. 

I didn't remember falling asleep. When I came to, a man was standing over me. He was about 6 foot or so tall, he had BRIGHT blonde hair, and chocolate brown eyes. I wasn't afraid of him, for some reason.
He didn't have a shirt on, but he was wearing jeans. He had a flat stomach, and a concerned look on his face.

 "Davin, who did this to you?" He said, his voice seemed as if he was agonized and/or outraged.

"I'm not sure, I can't remember much." I didn't want to rat out Alexander.

 He looked down at me, there was no sign of happiness in his eyes, or on his face.

 "I'm Luka." I partly smiled. 

"I'd tell you my name but you seem to know it already." He chuckled a bit.

"I know that because I'm your guardian." I felt my face lighten up.

"So I finally meet the person who takes care of me?"

"Yes, yes you're meeting me." He winked.

"I'd fix you right up at this moment if I could, but you have a concussion from the fall. If I tried to heal you I could mess something up in your brain, we wouldn't want that." I wasn't surprised about the concussion at all. I was still hurting from the ants. I couldn't believe how bad I was hurting.

 For a moment I forgot about the bites. I was going to sit up, but he told me not to. I couldn't understand why not.

When I looked down at my arms I realized why. My whole body was swollen.

I looked like I had over 2000 bites covering my body, not a single part of me wasn't swollen from the bites, and some parts were even bleeding. My eyes grew wide.

"I was hoping you wouldn't notice."  Luka pouted.

 "If I healed you right now, I'm scared that it could mess with your concussion." I couldn't focus, to be honest. I was seeing two of everything.

"Lu-lu-lu-ka." I said trying to warn him of what was about to happen, but it was all lightening fast. The hideous beast busted through the window, and was on top of me in seconds.

I felt the searing pain of it on top of me, it's nails were digging into my chest. I just laid there not making a sound. It put it’s claws on my face, and my head hit the bed. It hurt more than it should have.

Luka was on him in two seconds, fighting him off. The last thing I seen before everything became blurrier, was Luka trying to fight off the beast. As you see I emphasized trying, meaning it looked like he was losing.

Meaning if Luka lost, I'd be eaten while lying here on the bed. Not able to help myself.

I wasn't strong enough.

Tabitha's P.O.V.
I bolted up, with Anna on my heels. I didn't know it was possible to run as fast as i had been running. I was definitely out of breath. She was right behind us though, and we couldn't stop. I heard the first bullet go off, and I ducked and hit the ground. She hadn't hit me, or Anna. We both jumped up, veering off into another clearing. These woods went on for miles. By the time we got to the end of this clearing, another bullet went off, then another. I heard Anna cry out, and I was looking over at her. "What?" I said. I was looking her up and down, trying to figure out if she had gotten shot. That's when I looked down. Blood was staining my shirt. That's what I realized, it wasn't her who had gotten shot, it was me.