Cold Blue Eyes

Tabithas P.O.V.

My stomach grumbled, and I realized that I hadn’t eaten anything except breakfast. I put on my light robe and house shoes and walked down the hall, Davin’s door was open which I found odd but ignored.

Walking down to the kitchen, I shivered a little. It was now winter and below 0 degrees outside. Tip-toeing down the maroon carpeted stairs I stepped on something sharp and hobbled down them, cursing under my breath as a ploy to stifle any noise I almost made.

I turned on the light and sat down to examine my aching foot. I had stepped on glass from a Christmas ornament that shattered earlier that day. Pulling the glass out of my foot, I looked up and screamed with fear. Red glassy blue eyes stared up at me in horror, with a puddle of blood around his head, Davin laid cold and still sprawled out on the kitchen floor.

~~

 “No, no no no no.” I shook my head tears filling my eyes

“Not again, not again, not me, not again”. I ran to him, even though I knew he wasn’t there, I checked his pulse. The refrigerator was still open from where he was looking through it. Frozen with fear I took off up the stairs forgetting about the pain in my foot. I ran into my parent’s room, yelling and screaming at them to wake up. They asked me what was wrong, and I stood there hesitating. I fell to the floor out of breath, looking for the right way to say it. How could I tell them he was dead, How could I do it!? I looked up, and I froze. My mom was standing over me.

"Tabitha" She said. "What's wrong?" 

My voice cracked, it was like I was unable to speak for a minute. I started to talk, and tried to clear my voice. I could feel my heartbeat on my tongue. I took a deep breath and began to hyperventilate. I stood up, and looked into my moms blue eyes.

"Davin –."

“Tabitha?” I could hear them saying my name but I couldn’t move. With a look I will never forget my mom trailed out of the room, with my dad on her heels. I could hear their footsteps go into Davin’s room, then on the stairs, I knew they would soon find the gruesome scene I had discovered only 5 minutes ago.

Davins P.O.V.

I shook my head, utterly confused about what happened. I got up and leaned against the tiled counter. I heard someone walking down the stairs and I turned to greet them. Tabitha came into view looking as if she had hurt herself. I rushed to her side, but as I was walking towards her she stood up, horror crossing her face.

Confusion washed over me. “Tabby? You alright?” I asked, but she ignored the question. As I began to walk closer she stood up and came barreling towards me and I put out my arms as an instinct, but she ran straight through me. Shocked, I turned myself around feeling as if I was dreaming.

I walked towards Tabitha who was leaned down on the ground. As I approached I fell back onto the floor, crying out as I seen myself lying helplessly covered in bright red blood. I moved backwards shoving myself into a wall with my head in my knees. I heard Tabitha fall back and sprint up the stairs. I couldn’t see or do this anymore.

I got up and ran to the door blindly following no specific path as tears blurred my vision. I grabbed at the door knob, my hand going through it. I walked through the door looking down at my hands and body surprised at myself. I kicked at the rocks in the driveway unsuccessfully, hopelessly lost in a world of sadness and frustration. “WHY ME?!” I screamed throwing myself onto the concrete road in front of an oncoming car. I laid there for what felt like an eternity, and finally got off the ground after giving up hopes that I would wake up from this awful nightmare.