𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6

~Narrator's POV~

The next day: 

"I feel like I'm waiting for something that isn't going to happen" said Eric to himself as he made his way up the school's rooftop. 

He knew that the more he breathed, the more he would have to suffer

He knew that the more he breathed, the more he would have to suffer. He knew that it was better to not breathe at all than being forced to breathe. He had tried to harm himself a lot, but was always stopped by his abusive uncle. He knew that his uncles' existence would lead him to his death one day, and that one day was closer than Eric thought it would be. Sometimes you don't have to hear their excuses or what they have to say for themselves because their actions always spoke the truth. He had always been fed up of his uncle, the only reason he had lived on, is because his mother had made him promise her, in her death bed. "You have to live on for me son.. Promise me." were the few words which had always been ringing through his ears. But now, he knew that it was time for him to give up...

What Eric hadn't known was, the rooftop was someone's favorite place in the school. And that someone had happened to hear out Eric's thoughts. He watched as Eric slowly made his way towards the fence and slowly made his way up. 

"I love you Mom, I'm sorry.." said Eric as he held his breath and fell back. He had expected nothing but to recieve love from his uncle and to be cared for. He needed nothing but love and motivation to live on, but that  was something he had never recieved, he felt the air gush around him as he closed his eyes shut and tumbled down towards solid ground. He had never felt so happy or free to finally do what he had yearned to. "I love you mom.." he said as he felt a sudden levitating feeling. He opened his eyes, "Am I in heaven? Finally..", no, his expectations were wrong. He felt a pair of arms wrap around him and carry him upwards. 

The rooftop had been Sunwoo's favorite place in school, he had always come to the rooftop to speak his mind out, until today, he saw his classmate purposely give his life away. He had no other option, he took a deep breath and let his inner spirit come out. He had been swift to soar towards the tumbling boy and bring him back to the rooftop. Sunwoo, carefully placed his classmate on the ground and waited his eyes to open. "Who are you? And why do you have tails?! Aren't you the new kid?! Why did you save -" yelled Eric but Sunwoo was quick enough to cover his mouth with his hand. "Yes I am the new kid.. Why did you try to take your life away?" asked Sunwoo, slowly removing his hand from his friends mouth and helped him sit up. "I-I wanted to give up..." said Eric, looking down. "Why? Is it because of your uncle?" asked Sunwoo. "How did you know about my uncle?" asked Eric as Sunwoo let out a deep breath and his tails and ears disappeared and his now white hair returned back to the normal state, black. "I'm a nine tailed fox spirit. I have a number of supernatural abilities, and one of them happens to be telepathy.." replied Sunwoo as he too sat down, beside Eric.

"I really don't want to live with my uncle new kid.." said Eric, heaving a deep sigh. "It's Sunwoo, Kim Sunwoo." said Sunwoo with a grin. "Why did you save me? I purposely wanted to die.." moaned Eric. "You know Eric, we own our lives and have the right to make the our own decisions. Your uncle doesn't own your life Eric, you do, so you have the right to leave him whenever and wherever you want to. You have to always have hope, it's the only thing stronger than fear. Every day is a day you've never seen, always believe that something amazing is about to happen. Our greatest weakness is giving up." said Sunwoo. "If you carry one thing throughout your life, let it be hope. Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain. Strength grows in the moments where you think that can't go on, but keep going anyways. And you Eric, have been going on for a long time, hence you have a lot of strength in you. You have to see what happens to you if you don't give up. When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place. Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it. If people doubt how far you can go, go so far that you can't hear them anymore. Look forwards with hope and not backwards with regret. Little by little, day by day, what is meant for you will find it's way.  And what is to come is always better than what's gone.." continued Sunwoo staring at the sky with a glimmer in his eye. "You promised your mom Eric, to live on. And I think you should. You're the artist of your own life, don't you dare hand over the paintbrush to someone else. Make happiness a priority and be gentle on yourself in the process...". ended Sunwoo along with a bright smile. 

"I... never thought about that... " said Eric with shame. "Then you should.." responded Sunwoo with a grin. "Thank you Sunwoo.. I think I must not break the promise I made to my mom...". "Good, now come, let's go to class.. And oh, if you say anything to anyone about today and me saving you as a spirit, I hear you, and I can curse you to suffer and never die..." mentioned Sunwoo, making Eric shake in fear eventhough he knew that Sunwoo was joking. "Promise me.. I see that you aren't someone who breaks promises...". "I promise.." responded Eric. "Also, promise me too.. To live on" said Sunwoo as he smiled at Eric reassuringly. "I promise.." assured Eric as they stamped a pinky promise as if they were little kids. After a little chat and getting to know eachother more, the both of the newest best friends made their way towards their class with Sunwoo's arm around Eric's shoulder..

 Eric had recieved the motivation he had needed all along from Sunwoo. It made Eric cry with joy to know that there was someone in in this  world who knew of his existence and cared for him, just like he wanted. With that said, Eric had devoted his life to his guardian spirit, Sunwoo...

 With that said, Eric had devoted his life to his guardian spirit, Sunwoo

Hope you enjoyed this chapter... Love you! <3

 Love you! <3