fifty-four

Chapter 54

Cat

A week later

"Now why are we going back to Houston?" Zayn asks.

"Because it's been five years since I have graduated and at this school there is a graduation. The graduates will return back to the high school and prank the school. Instead of having senor prank night we do that."

"Sounds stupid in my opinion," Liam says.

"Shut up Liam." I say.

"And why are we going? We didn't exactly go to your high school." Niall says.

"I think we all needed to get out of the warehouse. And I don't know, forget about being wanted my the police and forget about losing Annabelle, get away from that bitch Gemma who will not stop arguing with me, and," I say but there was more why I just didn't want to say it.

"Forget about losing Harry." Lela said as if she read my mind.

The ride was pretty much silent after that, but it didn't matter we were almost to the school.

"So your whole senior class is going to be here?" Sammy asks.

"Yes," I say. When I realize that I'm not sure if I want to be here anymore. They may still hate me and say that I'm a murder because of Shailene.

"And your wanting to get out of Boston because we're wanted from the cops? If something goes wrong during this, the police will show up. And with about a hundred of kids begging there, there's a bigger chance of the cops showing up. So, how is this a good idea?"

"Well no, not all of them. A select few."

"And you were a part of this select few?"

"Yes, I was on the cheerleading team and the girlfriend of the quarterback," I say remembering Shawn.

"Doesn't sound you are too excited about seeing them?" Lela says.

"Well I don't think you would be so excited to see them when the last thing they said to you was, 'you're a monster'." I say.

"Then I ask again, why we are going if they didn't even like you."

"Because I deserve at least one more good memory at that school because right now all I can remember are the bad ones. And it can either be a good night or a bad one. If it's a good one they will totally forget that they think that I killed Shailene. If it's a bad one they'll keep calling me a monster or a murderer. But with you guys being their I'll have a better chance of having a good one."

The car stops moving and we had arrived at the school. It was midnight now and there were already cars parked in the parking lot so they were here already. We all get out of the van. Lela and Sam go to the trunk and get the prank supplies I had brought and the rest of us enter the school.

The lights are not turned on in the school, so we were basically walking blind in the hallways. But in a bit, our eyes adjusted to the darkness and we could see where we were walking. It felt weird being back here, I never thought I would be back here. We kept walking until saw a figure walk down a hallway. We followed the figure to a hallway full of classroom doors and very few lockers like the rest of the hallways.

I went to the first door I saw and opened it. I step inside hearing a snap and then seconds after that I hear a thousand more snaps. I quickly turn on the light to see four people on the floor setting up mousetraps.