forty-five

Okay so this chapter is based off of some episode in Supernatural Season 2

Chapter 45

Chicago

Liam

“And your name is?” The lady at the front desk asks.

“Chris Summers,” I lie, “I have a job interview?”

The lady types a few things and then nods, “Mr. Tanner’s office is straight then take a right and it’s the last door.”

I nod and follow the directions she gave me. When I reach the door that read’s Tanner I knock three times. When I hear a faint, ‘come in’ I open the door to a small office.  There was an older man sat at the desk and in front of the desk were two chairs.

“And who are you?” He asks in an unfriendly tone.

“Uh, I am here for a job interview, Sir.”

“Yes, I can see but I asked who you are not why you are here.” Mr. Tanner says rudely.

“Sorry. I am Chris Summers.” I say as politely as I can.

“Well Mr. Summers if you plan on working here I suggest working on listening,” The sarcastic tone in his voice made me want to push him against the wall and choke him and as much as I tried to keep my mouth shut the thoughts in my mind I wanted to say to him slipped.

“Well Mr. Tanner if I plan on working here I suggest working on you smartass attitude.” I mock.

“Excuse me?” His eyebrows rise.

“Are you that old you can’t here when I’m literally five feet in front of you?”

“Any chances of you getting this job have failed. Leave my office please.” He demands in a stern tone.

I fake smile, “My pleaser.”

I walk out of the office and out of the building when I reach the car I’m using for the time being I get in slamming the door behind me. My hands punched the steering wheel as if it was a punching bag. I just ruined my only chance of starting my new life here.

But a thought came to my mind when I hit the stirring wheel to hard and the horn beeped; what if I didn’t want to have my new life here? What if I didn’t want to have a new life at all? I mean to be honest I just walked away from my only family. I walked away from the people who kept me grounded and calm. Without them I’m a mess and I can’t help but wonder if they are a mess without all of us too.

I look over at the passenger seat and see my phone on top of the folders I had brought in for the interview. I pick it up and dial Cat’s phone number. After many and many rings her voicemail came on the phone. That was weird. We made a deal that if one of us calls we pick up immediately and if we don’t something’s wrong.

Cat

“Here I think I found something,” Harry’s voice directs me from the computer screen to him, “In Wisconsin there has been three robberies of the past week; each on a Monday.”