four

"When darkness is at its darkest, a star shines the brightest"

Louise Philippe

Chapter 4

The phone vibrated in my hand. Niall's icon popped up. I answered it quickly, putting the device up to my ear.

Harry still hasn't come to the back of the building and I'm getting worried.

"Alright I'm here. Where are you and Harry?" Niall asked.

"Harry told me to go to the back of the apartment building. I think Harry is still up there." I said.

"Alright, I'm going to go find Harry. I'll text one of the boys to come and get you ok? Just stay there and calm down." Niall reassured me. 

"Ok. Be careful Niall." I said. 

"I will." He said before hanging up. 

I paced the floor trying to control my breathing. I was honestly scared out of my mind. Seeing Harry attack that guy really showed me what he can do. I need to be more careful when saying something around him. He's dangerous. 

I heard footsteps coming towards me. I panicked and I froze. 

Turning the corner I saw Zayn. I let out a sigh of a relief. 

"Alright let's go. We need to get out of here." Zayn said. 

"Wait what about Harry and Niall?" I asked. 

"Must you ask so many questions?" 

"I'm a detective. What do you expect?" I said sarcastically. 

"Alright let go. Harry and Niall can handle things on their own." Zayn said. 

I followed Zayn to the car and got in. 

"Where are we going?" I asked as he started driving. 

"Questions, questions, and more questions." Zayn mumbled under his breath. 

I finally decided to shut up seeing asking a question isn’t going to get me anywhere. 

"You can turn on the radio if you'd like to." Zayn finally said. 

I took his offer hitting the on button for the radio. I flipped through channels until I found one I liked. It was a song I knew so I hummed along to it. 

Soon the car came to a stop to my apartment building. 

"You're taking me back home?" I was confused more than ever right now. These people kidnap me, then take me to one of their apartments, Harry and I get invaded, and now they are taking me back to my apartment. 

"It's safer for you and for us. I'll explain the rest when Annabelle and the rest of the boys get here." Zayn said turning off the car. 

I nodded and got out of the car. Zayn followed me up into my apartment. 

"Make yourself at home I guess. Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I asked walking into the kitchen. 

"No, I'm good but thank you." He said from the living area. 

I got a drink of water before returning to the living room. Zayn was sat down on my couch. I took a seat next to him, grabbing the TV remote and turning the television on. 

"Do you want to watch anything?" I asked. 

He shook his head no still scrolling through his phone. I put on a show and entrained myself with it.