twenty-nine

Chapter 29

 Cat

2 weeks later

The doorbell rings and Elijah goes to answer it. "Where's my niece?" I assume that was Kol.

"I'm in here!" I call from the living area. I hear hurried footsteps coming towards the living area and Kol appears. He embraces me.

"You look nothing like your father," he says letting me go.

"She has an attitude like him." Rebekah appears in the living room. Kol walks over to her hugs her and kisses her on the cheek.

"Nice to see you sister." He says. Rebecca nods.

Caleb joins us in the living room and Kol also hugs him.

In the past two weeks we got a call from Kol saying that Finn was dead. It effected all of us. Elijah has become a lot more angrier. Like Harry said, he has a temper like Caleb; he just doesn't show it much. Rebekah has locked herself up in her room for the first three days after we had found out. She only came down to eat. Caleb has ignored all of us and hasn't been around us most of the time. He's either down in the basement shooting or he's somewhere around New Orleans. As for me, I may have never met him but he was still part of my family. I think me not getting a chance to meet him affected me the most. Rebekah told me how nice of a man he was and Elijah told me stories about him. He sounded like someone I would like to have a family member since I lost a few. From the stories he reminded me of Charlie. I'm not sure what toll Kol had on this situation since he's the one who found him dead. But I guess we'll find out. When he found out he now had a niece he wanted to come out here and meet me. Elijah offered him to stay with us and he took it. He said he needed all the family he could get right now.

"You're finally a father now, you got what you wanted brother." Kol glances at me and then looks back at Caleb.

"Well not exactly. You see, she does not consider me family but she considers the rest of you family which in my eyes doesn't seem fair considering I'm her father. She just doesn't want accept that I am." Caleb snaps which catches all of us of guard.

The room goes silent and everyone looks at me. "I'll be up in my room if you need me." I say quietly when I was dome at everyone's shocked stares. I hear auguring as soon as I leave the living area. They yell at Caleb and Caleb yells back.

I walk up the stairs. Caleb has been so nice to me I was starting to accept that I was his daughter but after that I see who he really is again. He's a rude, arrogant, killer. And I will never be the daughter of someone like that. Any chances of me accepting that I'm his daughter are gone.

As for my family being dead, I haven't come to accept it honestly. Sometimes I still think that they are back home continuing their lives without me. Then reality kicks in and I remember I don't have a home there anymore and I don't have a brother, mom or father. When I come to realize that I start to break down again. And whenever I do, I either call Harry or read Charlie's letter. But most of the time the letter only makes me cry more so I end up talking to Harry. He calms some down and has me talk to everyone else. When I hear that they're okay it makes me feel better because my mind is constantly focusing on if they're okay. And when I hear that they are its like weight being lifted off of my shoulders. But it's mostly harry who calms me down. Maybe it's because he believes in me that I will be okay or maybe it's just his soothing voice.

We haven't heard much from Alex, which was weird considering he just killed my family and before that kidnapped me. It's making me paranoid honestly. Harry said they haven't heard anything from him either. He doesn't know where he is even. First he was in Boston, he must've followed harry and I out to Houston and that's how he found my family’s house. And then he must've followed harry and I out to New Orleans. How he put us in the basement of the tallest building in New Orleans beats me. Harry told me that he remembered him talking about his friend in New Orleans. So I imagine that his friend worked in the building. When I killed Jake, he wanted revenge so he made his way out to Houston and killed my family like we did with his. Annabelle and the boys have been on the lookout for him but there's been nothing. Louis has made it so every severity camera in the United States, will notify him if one of the cameras finds him. Either he's really good at hiding or he's in another state. For now all we can do is wait for Harry's call if they find him.