forty-eight

Chapter 48

Cat

"Oh right before the realtor gets here, put on this, we're supposedly engaged and if she asks we were originally from New York okay?" Harry says handing me a ring. I take it and put it on my hand and look at it.

"Harry this is beautiful, where did you get it?" I ask.

"It was my grandmother's ring." Harry says.

A car pulled up in the driveway of the house. When the person steps out of the car we do too. The girl looked like she was in her mid-forties; she had long brown hair, brown eyes and reminded me a lot of my mother.

"Hi, I'm your relator, Joanna Rill. You two must be James and Rose?" She asks holding out her hand to Harry and he shakes it and then offers her hand to me and I shake it.

"Yup, it's nice to meet you," I say.

"You know that's a lovely ring. You two are engaged correct?" She asked after we had shaken hands.

"Indeed that's why we are looking for a new house." Harry says and the two of us smile.

"Well from the looks of the two of you, I think this is the perfect house for you."

"How so?" I ask.

"Well if my judgments are correct, you guys are looking for something small and not too big. You want it to be welcoming and have a warm feeling when you walk inside. From the looks of you," She says looking at me, "You want a nice garden, an amazing large deck and you want the outside of the house to look, I don't know, like home and you feel safe. And for you James, I think you want an open kitchen, a big backyard, and a big master bedroom and bathroom. This house has all of that."

"Well I think we should take a look then shall we?" She asks and Harry and I nod.

We follow her up to the house and she unlocks the door and walks in. I follow in after her and Harry comes in after me.

"Walking inside we go right into the living area or greeting area. I would have this as like a greeting area because as we go further into the house you will see there is another living room like area next to the kitchen. But of course you could use that area as a large dining room and this as the living room. Anyways, there is a nice fireplace and this doorway goes to the stairs to the rooms upstairs and also leads to the kitchen. And the doorway on the left goes to the other living area I was talking about and also leads into the kitchen." She says and goes through the left doorway.

The greeting area - or living area - had a beige color walls with white molding. The fireplace was beautiful and matched the room. It was wood painted white with marble stone.

Harry and I followed her into the other living area room which had red painted walls with white molding. There was a window seat with book cases on each side of the window and drawers below for storage. In the middle of the room hanging from the ceiling was a bronze lamp chandelier. Joanna opens the door that leads into the kitchen after she explains something's for the room. Walking into the kitchen, the walls were a yellow-greenish color with white cabinets and cupboards. There was a stainless steel double range oven, a stainless steel dishwasher and sink. There was an island in the middle of the kitchen that matched the cabinets and cupboards and above it was a stainless steel pot rack.

She continues showing us around the house and I can't help but fall more and more in love with it when we enter another room.

"So what do you think? Do you want to put in an offer?" She asks.

Harry looks at me and I nod with a grin on my face.

"We'll take it." Harry says.

"Great! Okay, I'll talk with the owners of the house and get back to you with a price?"