Chapter 18: "Battle On, Challengers!!! - Part 2

Third POV

Present Mic: (Through the screen) "Now, it's time for the fourth match! We're just gonna keep rolling along! Rush headlong toward the top! It's like he's the epitome of the middle of the pack!" 

Izuku: "Iida's earnest, so she probably said some things that sounded good to get him on board." Frightened by the capacity that Hatsume had to manipulate someone as Iida and turn him in a buffoon for her own gain. For Izuku those were notes worthy of taking, at least to have a reminder to be careful around her. "Hatsume Isn't just honest, she will also use any means to reach her goal. Amazing..."

Deku was so into his own thoughts that he didn't notice that Uraraka had raised from her seat, she looked conflicted by something. Although, it is unclear the reasons, one could only assume that it was the nerves for her match. After all, her opponent was the Sparkly Boom Man known as Bakugou. A beast on the battlefield nonetheless his attitude, sure to have no holding back on her.

Tsuyu: "Ochako-chan doesn't look like herself, kero." Our favorite frog girl was conflicted, aside from her there was no one as hyper-sensitive to understand that her best friend was not really okay.

(Y/N): "I think that her battle has her on the defensive."

Tsuyu: "Maybe I should go with her, make sure she is okay."

(Y/N): "Tsuyu, maybe we shouldn't tap on it too much, in that state is probably for the best that we let her figure it out."

Tsuyu: "How are you so sure? Kero."

(Y/N): "It is a matter of pride, remember, supporting her parents is the achievement that she seeks. And this tournament is a step closer for her."

Tsuyu: "But..."

(Y/N): "I promise you, everything is going to be alright." The shadow user used his gift on the gab to turn the situation around. And once again, he made a little gamble, and considered that the moment was worth it. He took hold of Tsuyu's hand intertwining their fingers, and tightening up his grip, a strong yet kind hold that brought reassurance for the young green maiden. The feeling of peace washed over these two souls as they had a gentle shade of pink on their cheeks.

That was the action behind his thoughts but there was a presentiment that he needed to do something for Ochako, not give everything on a silver plate, but at the very least talk to her. So, it was probably the best course of action, Tsuyu already worried a lot for him, so she would be insisting if it was referring to her best friend.

While Mineta had his little tantrum over his fantasy that came out of a game like "Senran Kagura," was not in place for this fight. Izuku was occupied with his notebook once again, writing all the details down on it, his mind a concept was turning over and over in his head about the vital factor that levelled the balance for Mina's victory.

Izuku: "The match unfolded as expected but I misjudged Ashido's physical strength. Even during the Quirk assessment tes, she placed ninth out of everyone including the boys. It wasn't because of her Quirk--she's got excellent physical abilities."