Chapter 5: "Entrance Exam"

Previously...

Then I heard just how Izuku was muttering about his admiration for Present Mic and the fact that he heard his radio channel's music all friday's nights.

Present Mic: "As it says in the application requirements, you listener will be conducting ten-minute mock urban battles after this! You can bring whatever you want with you. After the presentation, you'll head to the specified battle center, okay?"

Kacchan: "In other words, they won't let you work with your friends, huh?" He said suddenly saying what I was thinking, which is weird for me because he never interacts in such a friendly manner.

Izuku: "Y-you're right. Even though our examinee numbers are consecutive, we're assigned to different battle centers." He said as he examines the piece of paper that they gave us.

Kacchan: "Don't look. I'll kill you. Damn, now I can't crush you." He said as he went back to his normal self again, although he didn't seem as angry as other times.

Present Mic: "Three different types of faux villains are stationed in each battle center. You earn points for each of them based on their difficulty. Your goal, dear listeners, is to use your quirks to earn points by immobilizing the faux villains. Of course, attacking other examinees and any other unheroic actions are prohibited!" Present Mic declared as the information and displays on the giant monitours changed according to what the hero says.

???: "May I ask a question?" A student from some lines below me raised from his seat calling the attention of Present Mic and everyone else for that matter.

Present Mic: "Okay." He allows him to ask his question as he pointed toward him as the lights above him turn one to make a clear view.

???: "On the printout, there are four types of villains. If that is a misprint, then U.A., the most prominent school in Japan, should be ashamed of that foolish mistake. We, examinees, are here in this place because we wish to be molded into exemplary heroes. In addition, you over there with the curly hair... You've been muttering this whole time. It's distracting! If you're here on a pleasure trip then you should leave immediately!" He was referring to Izuku.

(Y/N): "Hey, calm down, the one distracting the most is you. Besides, you say that his muttering is distracting everyone, but even for me that I'm right next to him, he didn't break my concentration, which only means either your concentration needs to be work on or you were hearing really intently to him to catch his muttering. In either case, you were the one with the lack of attention." I ascended as the light above me turn on so everyone could see me and I sat down and the light turns off when I completed my statement.

Then he look shocked for countering his argument, so he adjusted his glasses as he sat down with a looked that described being ashamed, at the same time that his lights turn of.

Present Mic: Okay, relax, relax, Examinee 7111 and Examinee 9115."He was waving his hands in a "Calm down" gesture. " The fourth type of villain is worth zero points. That guy's an obstacle, so to speak. There's one in every battle center, an obstacle that will go crazy in narrow spaces. It's not impossible to defeat, but there's no reason to defeat it, either. I recommend that you listeners try to avoid it... That's all from me! Finally, I would give you listeners a present... our school motto! The hero Napoleon Bonaparte once said: "A true hero is someone who overcomes life's misfortune... Go beyond... PLUS ULTRA!... Now everyone, good luck suffering."

Present - (Y/N) POV - Battle Center B

After the whole commotion in the Orientation Assembly, we evacuated to our corresponding Battle Center. As all the people assigned to our center, everyone was surprised that we were standing in front of a huge set of doors and a wall that extended kilometers to the side of our current position. It seems like a whole city could it fit in there, just shows how important U.A. is. Although, it is something that you would not expect a school to have in their installations.