Chapter 6: "Quirk Assessment Test"

Previously...

I proceed to sit in the chair in front of my writing desk. I started at the letter at my hands with a weird emotion traveling though my body. It was a combination between fear and curiosity.

Without waiting for much longer I grabbed the letter opener at the side of my desk, cutting one of the sides of the letter, taking the insides. Feeling a hard and circular object, after closely inspecting the object, it was just a metal disk that I decided to letting it rest in front of me. After a second or two the disk somehow turn on, showing that in reality it was a hologram. The person in the hologram was All Might.

All Might's Hologram: "I am here as a projection!" He was standing in a bright scenery with red, pink and orange decorations. "Sorry Young Black, I had to do some paperwork that took some time, so I couldn't contact you or Young Midoriya. As you probably know I came to this town to work at U.A." Before he could finish the statement, the hand of a stage helper came into view, doing some signs with it. "Hm? What is it? Wrap it up? But there is something I must talk to him and Young Midoriya about...It's going to push everything else back? All Right. Okay." He said giving a thumbs up to the helper and returning his attention towards me. He seems to not grasp the idea that he needs to do this same process for all the passing students. "(Y/N) Black, We were impressed with your outcomes, a perfect score in the written part of the exam! Your intelligence is natural! But the practical part of the exam, your display of power was simply breathtaking, none of the teachers in the panel could take their eyes off you. The points that you accumulated in a short period with just the elimination of the robots was 72. An impressive quantity indeed." He made a paused, I was feeling much better and relieved. "That would have been enough to pass with flying colors alone... if that was all there was to it. Observe." He show me a repetition in a monitor by his side, of the fight with the Giant 0 Pointer, zooming at the parts where my barrier protected all the other examinees and holding it in place for it's imminent destruction. "Even after the continued use of your quirk, you push your limits in order to protect the other contestants, working together with Young Midoriya to demolish the last obstacle. The entrance exam was not graded only on villain points! This is a job that requires risking one's life to put that values into practice! So, all the teachers agreed to give you 50 points for the basic abilities that U.A. is looking in a hero. Accumulating the amazing amount of 122 points. You pass. Come on, Young (Y/N)! This is your hero academia! I'm proud of you!!!" He as the camera did a zoom towards his smiling face, the emotion of the moment got the best of me, my head was flooded with the memories of my failures, the people that always thought of me as a villain, those who didn't had confidence in me. The tears in my eyes would not halt.

After the silent episode of crying by myself finally calm down, I stepped out of my room. I was met with Izuku who just open his door, giving his mother a warm smile. She only did what any mom would have done in this situation, hug her son. I was happy for my friend, but as I watched how the two of them hug each other. I couldn't contain certain feeling of sadness within me. The hug of a mother. A father. Beings that most teens have the luck to have at their sides, with the opportunity to share memories and moments with the individuals who brought them to this world, raised them, and cared for them.

And that is what I truly despair.

During this moment of self pity, my eyes were facing towards the ground, with a discourage look in my face. Until I felt the soft touch of a hand in my shoulder. My eyes landed on the person next to me. It was Inko.

Inko: "(Y/N), I just want you to know that I'm really proud of you!" She was looking at me with eyes of concern but above else, care.

An emotions that transmitted at me as she slowly but firmly surrounded my sides with her arms. I was surprised, I didn't quite know how to respond. I was hesitant, it felt almost unreal, but returning the love, I hug her as well. When we decided to break the hug. She took a step back with her hands holding my own, looking directly at my eyes.