.viii.

Their last exam was Defence Against the Dark Arts and Remus had made them face quite an obstacle at the end of which they had to tackle a Boggart. This time was a lot easier for Aurora as compared to the last because her and Harry had given the exam at the same time, and she was satisfied that she had got past it but also relieved that no one saw what her Boggart had turned into.

"Well done, Rosy" Remus said quietly once the exam had ended and students had started to file out, Aurora beamed at him as he waved her off and she began to set off with Harry, Ron and Hermione departing their separate ways to get changed into more comfortable clothes for dinner.

Aurora, upon seeing the twins, rushed towards the Gryffindor table and sat down next to George who had been conversing with Lee Jordan before her arrival. Soon after, Harry, Ron and Hermione had also joined them at the table for dinner.
"How did it go then? Your last O.W.L, was it difficult?" Aurora asked both Fred and George as they dug into their food like they'd gone the entire day without eating.
"It was all right" George shrugged, "and yours? I heard the lot talking about tackling a Boggart in Defence Against the Dark Arts"
Aurora knew exactly what George was hinting at, she vividly remembered how at the start of last year she had to face a Boggart and it turned into something or rather someone she didn't want to see the way she had to. Naturally, her eyes followed down the table and landed on Harry as though quietly reassuring herself that it was all okay. George saw and knew exactly how she had felt the last time, and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Tackling a Boggart isn't so difficult" Fred said mindlessly from across them making Aurora look at him as she nodded in agreement.
"Yeah, I guess you're right"

Just as dinner was about to end, Harry had decided to approach his sister and quietly explained to her how he saw the Minister for Magic at Hogwarts and showed her Hagrid's note. Surely, events this year were quite different since the very beginning and there was one person who was receiving the most unfair treatment and that was Hagrid.
"Oh, god, that's horrible" Aurora moaned, "but Harry...what about the Dementors"
"I know but we'll use the Invisibility Cloak" Harry told her impatiently.
"But Dumbledore said-"
"I know what he said but I promise, it won't take long" Harry interjected to which Aurora nodded reluctantly. As much as she wanted to meet Hagrid and break as many school rules as possible, this was one that she didn't want to break for the time being; she didn't want to cross the Dementors in any way. She had already felt the chills run down her spine several times before but that was the most she got to, she didn't want to end up coming face to face with one even if it was while she was covered in an Invisibility Cloak which she presumably believed was a lot worse.

Once dinner had ended, the four of them covered themselves with much difficulty under the Cloak and trudged down the sloping lawns towards Hagrid's Hut. Fang, the boar-hound, had jumped around wildly at the sight of them like he always did and Hagrid looked as miserable as any of them had ever seen him, his small beady eyes were red and puffy and there were tears falling down his scrunchy beard as Hermione and Aurora tried their best to comfort him while preparing tea for all five of them. Ron and Harry debated that they would tell the Minister how Malfoy provoked Buckbeak but it was already a gone case and the executioner would be executing the Hipogriff in no time.

"Hagrid, we've got to-"

Aurora stopped talking abruptly when they heard two voices of men talking growing louder and closer to Hagrid's cabin earning all of their attention as their eyes widened when they realised who it was.

"Macnair, that's the bird" came, what they assumed, the Minister's voice from outside.

"Oh, no. He's here" Hermione whisper yelled.
"C'mon, out the back door!" Hagrid said urgently while pushing the four of them out of the back door and picking their mugs of tea from the table to hide them from sight. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Aurora quickly slipped through as the Minister entered, without being seen, and made their way up the sloping lawns away from Hagrid's hut to watch from the distance.