.xxix.

Aurora woke up feeling even more disgruntled and irritated, the dream that she had was making her head pound. She couldn't even clearly decipher where she was going. It was a narrow, dark, corridor and for most part all she did was stand there, looking towards the end. Trying to see where the path was leading her but she didn't quite understand anything that was going on. She pushed herself out of bed and made her way down the stairs, she could hear voices emitting from Harry and Ron's room which indicated that the book lists must have arrived. She pushed the door open and found Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred and George gathered inside. After the conversation that she had with George last night, she was unsure if she wanted to see him this early in the morning or even talk to him. Sure, she must have said a lot to him in that moment but she had to figure out for herself what he even meant.

Their eyes only locked momentarily before she quickly looked away from him and walked towards Harry while Hermione handed her an envelope that contained her own booklist.
"Finally, they took forever to arrive,"Aurora remarked as she felt the slightly heavier envelope. She tore open the top and turned it over in her palm only for something silvery and shiny to drop out on her hand. She stared at it for a while in disbelief, her eyes had gone wide and mouth agape as she stared at the shiny badge that had the letter P engraved over the Slytherin crest.

"Is that a Prefect's badge? Aurora, are you a Prefect?" Ron asked in disbelief, turning everyone's attention towards her, she was beaming as she held up the badge for everyone to see clearly. If there was one person who didn't look happy, it was Harry.
"Ha! Let's see what Pugface has to say about that," Aurora said with a triumphant laugh as she excused herself from the room and made her way down the stairs to her Godfather to inform him of her achievement. He had always been very proud of whatever she did.

"Oh, you're a Prefect?" Remus said once Aurora had placed the badge in his hands, a grin was forming on her face as she looked at him and nodded, "That's marvelous!"
"Are you happy?" she asked as Remus engulfed her into a loving hug.
"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" he asked after pulling away, still holding her at arm's length.
"I don't know" Aurora shrugged, her grin faltering a bit, "because I'm a Slytherin Prefect"
"Rosy, what did I tell you? And you're a Prefect which is what matters most" he said reassuringly, "This means I have to get you something special for making me proud"
Aurora chuckled and beamed at Remus, engulfing him in a hug once more before he pulled away and left the house with Mrs Weasley to get their books with Diagon Alley. She went and sat down with Sirius, hoping to uplift his mood a bit before leaving.

A party was arranged that night in honour of the new Prefects; Aurora, Ron and Hermione. Almost everyone from the Order had joined and Mrs Weasley had fashioned a banner that was hanging in the basement that almost looked unrecognisable and cleaner. Everyone was talking rather excitedly and devouring the food that Mrs Weasley had prepared, Fred and George were in a corner dealing with Mundungus Fletcher. Mad-Eye Moody was showing Harry a photograph and Aurora just sat in a quiet corner, observing the others and counting down the hours for when she'd be seeing Draco. George would occasionally glance in her direction, they still hadn't settled on terms as the two hadn't spoken to one another all day.

Aurora watched as Harry left through the door, hoping that he was sneaky enough and that no one would spot him but she did. He had been very off ever since their booklists had arrived and though she hadn't talked to him properly the entire time mostly because he was giving her vague answers or trying to avoid it, she knew what it was really about and decided to slip through the small opening of the door as well without being noticed by anyone.

She took the steps up the stairs as she did so she heard a sound of whimpering and loud sobbing. Her face contorted with worry as she heard more footsteps following behind her and her own pace quickened from where the sound was coming from to realise that it was coming from the drawing room on the first floor. The footsteps behind her were growing louder as she reached the door and saw Harry standing there, looking absolutely Stunned. Aurora quickened her pace and reached him to see what he was looking at. Mrs Weasley was sobbing as she sat on her knees, rocking back and forth with her wand in one hand and Aurora's breath plummeted in her chest when she saw the body lying in front of her. Mr Weasley's body lay on the floor, his glasses askew.