.xxxvii.

(Note: I'm so sorry for the very long break but I was going through a severe writer's block and couldn't really write or draft anything for this. I've also been a bit busy with studying so that's that)

She looked around uneasily, her eyes darted  from corner to corner. She had been here before but she couldn't remember, it didn't look like the kind of place she'd like to remember.  Only a single light shown at the end of the narrow corridor where there was a door. 

An eerie feeling was beginning to settle upon her, a feeling of being watched, like there was someone else there or something else. And that's when she heard the slithering, a slithering that was only familiar to that of a snake moving along the floor. Her eyes widened as her palms pressed against the cool dark tiled wall, dissolving into the shadows. Her breath was coming out in low pants as she pressed her fist against her mouth, watching the great reptile moved towards the door that had automatically opened. 

To her surprise, she saw the thin balding head of Mr Weasley, a bubble of relief was willing to burst in her chest but she soon realised that Mr Weasley had gone chalk-white as though he could see the giant snake and maybe he could. Before Aurora could scream or do anything, the snake had struck at him heard releasing a painful cry from Mr Weasley; blood was pooling in his hands as she tried to reach him out but...

Aurora woke up, panting and covered in sweat, sheets tangled between her legs while Daphne stood over her in alarm. She helped Aurora off the floor who was disheveled, the dream or vision whatever it was, seemed so real. She knew that she had to run up to Professor McGonagall and so she did after reassuring Daphne that she was fine, and so she sprinted towards the Gryffindor Tower; half-asleep and panic stricken. 

The journey all the way up to Gryffindor Tower from the dungeons seemed painfully long and Aurora tried her best not to black out, she kept on stubbing blindly against the staircase as she half ran and half dragged herself up the steps. Tears were mixing with the sweat and her already wet face was becoming sticky as she finally reached McGonagall's office to find a worried-looking Neville. The two abruptly turned towards Aurora when she entered, without another word Professor McGonagall took Aurora and Neville with her to the Gryffindor Common Room. 

"Aurora, are you okay?" Neville asked softly, following after the Transfiguration Professor. Aurora was shaking severely as a new hubbub was caused in the Gryffindor Common Room and all the Weasleys were grouped downstairs, all tiredly rubbing their eyes except for Ron who was leading Professor McGonagall to the boys' dormitory. The rest turned their eyes towards Aurora, watching her with alarm as George moved forward and Aurora felt something building up in her throat, ready to be released. 

She seized the nearest waste basket and retched, hands shaking worse than ever as George soothingly rubbed her back and held her hair. She pulled back and wiped her mouth using the sleeve of her shirt while everyone sat around anxiously. Aurora knew that Harry must have had the same dream as he looked quite shaken when he walked down with Professor McGonagall and they were all then led to Dumbledore's office. Half asleep, dressed in night gowns and stumbling with anxiety as they stepped into the office. 

When they entered Dumbledore's office, Harry and Aurora stood in front of the group so Harry could tell what he had seen in the dream because Aurora seemed to have lost her tongue. 
"Sir, I saw it too" she finally piped up, shakily, making them all turn to her with confused looks, "I was right there. I was standing there when the...the...it happened" 
Harry's hard pants filled the room as silence fell all around them and Dumbledore rummaged for something then emerged with a copper kettle and placed it on his desk. 
"All of you, hands on the kettle. You're all returning to Grimmauld Place," he said, his voice grave as the Potter twins and the Weasleys grab hold of whatever piece of the kettle they could. 

Aurora felt a hard pull on her shirt from the back, the effect of letting the kettle go is worse than holding onto it and she landed hard on her back on the dusty hardwood floor of Grimmauld place. Footsteps scurried in and she and Ginny were pulled to their feet by none other than Sirius Black except that he looked pale and sleepy even.
"Phineas Nigellus said something" Sirius went on, "What really happened?"
"Ask Harry" came Fred's voice. 
"Yeah, I'd like to hear this for myself" George said. 

Aurora bit her lips and stood next to her brother, she hadn't had the chance to tell anyone or talk about what she had seen in the dream. But maybe hearing Harry's side of it would help her talk about hers too if only she could get her voice back. Twenty minutes had passed and the silence that fell after Harry was done telling his story, Aurora didn't even have the heart to tell what she saw. She was horrified, she knew that this kind of thing wasn't okay and if Voldemort could get into Harry's head like that as well as hers and they were bound to bring trouble upon others. 

With shaky palms, she sat down next to George and held his hand in hers as a form of comfort. She felt relieved when he gave her hand a squeeze, she could see that he was worried about his father. All of the Weasleys were and from what Aurora remembered, she hoped deeply that Mr Weasley was okay. She couldn't stand to think what or how the others might feel if something was to happen to him. The fire crackled in the fireplace, Ron looked like a ghost against the firelight as he put his bottle of Butterbeer down on the table in front of him and then the kitchen door opened and everyone immediately got to their feet. The Potter twins remained behind while the Weasleys all greeted their mother. Mrs Weasley looked very pale and tired and yet she was trying her best to smile. Aurora moved forward and enveloped her into a hug. 

"Let's have some breakfast. Kreacher!" Sirius shouted but received no answer from the elf. Cursing under his breath, he followed into the kitchen after Mrs Weasley as everyone else sat down and although Aurora wanted very much to go and help but she couldn't find the energy to do so anymore. Like every atom in her body was finally getting a chance to breakdown after spending a panic stricken night. 

She felt the couch sink beside her and turned her head to find George seated next to her, wearing a small smile. 
"Hey, are you feeling okay?" Aurora asked softly, scooting closer to him so that her head rested on his shoulder and his head rested on hers. 
"Yeah, I'm fine. And you?" he asked, lifting his head and turning to face her, "You weren't okay at all and you don't look okay now either. Are you feeling all right, Rori?"
"Yes, yes, of course. Don't worry" she said, trying to muster a reassuring smile, "You have other things to worry about, G"

George wrapped his arm around her shoulders so that her head was resting on his shoulders again and he released a deep sigh. No matter how sleepy Aurora felt, she felt too scared to fall asleep. She felt warm and comforted in George's embrace but she was afraid that if she went to sleep or even dozed off, she would wake up with another fit. Maybe if she fell asleep it would be easier for Voldemort to invade her mind because she was weak and vulnerable. 

"George, I'm scared" she whispered, not sure if it was loud enough for him to hear it but she felt him shift slightly. 
"It's going to be okay. I promise" his words sounded, so easy, so soothing, so reassuring. She could feel her eyes drooping. Everything was slowly fading away, she tried to keep her eyes open but she couldn't. Her lids were getting heavier by the passing second. Everything will be okay. I am going to be okay. George is right next to me, I will be okay. 

"Breakfast's ready!" Sirius shouted across the room, making Aurora's eyes snap open as George's head perked up and the two of them followed Sirius to the kitchen although Aurora slightly lagged behind. Her head was pounding painfully, she felt like every nerve in her head was going to explode and she wasn't even hungry just sleepy. 

When they sat down at the table, everyone was conversing rather normally especially Sirius or at least they were all trying their best to make everything seem as casual as possible. However, she could see Harry eyeing her like he wanted to say something. She couldn't worry about so much in just one day so she just decided to excuse herself and instead go up to the room she was previously staying in. She had to sleep, she needed to sleep or she was bound to pass out and she didn't want that either. 

"Aurora, darling, you haven't eaten properly" Mrs Weasley said while gesturing at her unfinished plate. 
"Mrs Weasley, I - I really can't eat more. I'm - I'm too tired" Aurora replied, trying to sound as casual as possible. She knew that if she showed any hint of sickness in front of Mrs Weasley then she would start getting worked up over her even while she had too much of her own to deal with. 

"I'll just wait till lunch" Aurora added, earning a very slow nod from Mrs Weasley. 
"Dear, are you all right? You look pale" Mrs Weasley added worriedly when she had reached the door. 
"Yes, I'm fine! Don't worry, I'm completely fine" Aurora said abruptly, forcing a small smile so that it sounded convincing. If there was one other person who could comfort her right now, it was none other than Remus and seeing as he was not anywhere around the house, she knew that he could be at work.