.xiii.

Aurora's head was resting in between her arms, she didn't care about people talking around her loudly or munching on their food, she had been starving when she sat down next to Harry five minutes ago but now she was snoozing and none of them had noticed because they were too busy eating or chatting. It seemed that she hadn't gotten enough sleep since the party in the Gryffindor common room.

"Rori, are you sleeping?" Fred said from across the table when he had noticed that Aurora hadn't lifted her head making her friends' attention turn towards the soundly asleep girl.
"Aurora, get up" Harry said shaking her shoulder, Aurora irritably swatted his hand away and lifted her head from her arms wiping her mouth on the sleeve of her jumper. She rubbed her eyes sleepily and looked around at everyone, her eyes landed on the half empty Slytherin table and confusion began to dawn over her as she noticed people leaving the Hall and her eyes landed on her watch.
"Oh, shit" she said instantly getting to her feet and picking up her bag to dash out of the Hall.
"Wait, you haven't eaten" George called after her.
"I'm getting late!" Aurora shouted back and sprinted to the Transfiguration classroom. Professor McGonagall had told them that today's class would be important and that she would start early, she always did.

Aurora opened the door of the classroom, panting heavily as everyone's attention turned towards her and noticed that McGonagall was still not there but she looked around confusingly when she saw not only fellow fourth years but also everyone from fifth, sixth and seventh years in the classroom. Professor McGonagall's desk stood in the center of the room and boys and girls were divided into two rows, sitting across from each other on benches just like the ones in the Great Hall. Aurora's eyes had found Daphne and she hastily made her way over to her to sit down next to her and before she could move in to ask her what was going on, the door of the classroom had opened again and Professor McGonagall entered followed by Filch who was carrying an ancient record player. Aurora and Daphne exchanged glances as a series of murmuring broke out amongst the students which quickly died down once Professor McGonagall had lifted her hand to silence them all.
"As part of the tournament; a traditional Yule Ball will be taking place on Christmas. And I expect you all to demonstrate your best behaviour" Professor McGonagall explained ending on a curt note which made Aurora realise why Mrs Weasley had bought those robes for her and Harry.

Normally, they would do nothing other than studying in McGonagall's class but this class seemed to be different because she seemed like she would brainwash them all in one day and wanted them to act like mature young adults, and understandably so because Hogwarts had a reputation to uphold in front of the other guest schools. Naturally upon finding out about the Ball, girls gigglier than normal in front of every boy that passed them and boys were just being weirdly show which caught Aurora by surprise because she had most of them walking around the castle like they owned the place and smirked at their now not-so-masculine, what they would like to call, character. Another thing about the Ball was that no one from below fourth year was invited in case they were asked by someone older.

Aurora had taken her place next to George during dinner as they were all chatting and laughing over jokes and some of the pranks they had pulled over the past week.
"Well, I think-"
Aurora stopped talking abruptly when she felt someone tap on her shoulder, she turned around to find a Gryffindor third year who she had never talked to before. She looked at him confusingly but smiled at him nonetheless to urge him to go on.
"Would you - would you l-like to go to t-the b-ball with...me?" the boy spluttered nervously, Aurora's eyes widened in surprise as George snorted next to her and she trudged on his foot making him cover it up with a cough.
"Er - uh - sorry but I-"
"I know you're going to say no but...it was worth asking" with that the boy had left and Aurora turned back in her seat as Fred, George, Harry and Ron erupted into open laughter.
"What the bloody hell was that?" Ron said airily, Aurora was just shaking her head.
"Well, that was...new" she shrugged making them chuckle even more.
"It's because you're the champion's twin. It's the same as being the champion" Fred explained to which they all looked at him impressively and nodded in agreement.