.xv.

(A/N: above is a mood board i made for the Yule Ball, I might end up making more in the future if need be)

Aurora looked down at the foot of her bed and found a pile of presents that awaited her, she happily unwrapped them but stopped midway and decided instead to go to Gryffindor Tower to be with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George and Ginny.

"Fairy lights" she told the Fat Lady the password and the portrait swung forward to grant her entry, upon entering she immediately caught sight of Fred and George and rushed towards them. She hugged Fred first and then lunged herself at George that made the two topple over each other erupting into laughter as Ron, Harry and Hermione followed down their dormitories.
"Happy Christmas, guys!" Aurora said enthusiastically to which they all replied with the like as they all began unwrapping their presents and put on the Weasley jumpers that Mrs Weasley had knitted for them, all with different colours and their initials on them. This year, Harry and Aurora's were identical, both had blue jumpers with gold initials on the front. All of them exchanged presents with each other as Aurora gave hers to Fred and George's who both looked very eager and she watched their expressions brighten as they continued to unwrap it.

"We'd been eyeing these for ages! How did you know?" George exclaimed as he turned to Aurora who was beaming at him and shrugged. "Thank you, Rori" him and Fred said in unison which made her chuckle. It was no long after that that George took her up to his dormitory and she followed him eagerly to see what he had to show her.
"I got this for you. Doesn't matter who you're going with" George said scratching the back of his neck while he took out a box from his side table drawer that contained a very beautiful corsage with purple and white flowers making Aurora clamp her mouth in awe.
"George, this - it's beautiful" Aurora gushed as she turned the box sideways to examine it.
"Thank you. So much" she said and moved in to kiss his cheek making a tinge of pink appear on them before the two departed downstairs towards the others to leave for breakfast.

The castle looked bedazzling, everlasting icicles lined the staircase banisters, a dozen fairies were twinkling in the Great Hall that was decorated with twelve enormous Christmas Trees. All of them took their time to talk and share a few laughs before each of them had to depart to their dormitories to get ready for the ball. Aurora had gone to hers and was glad to find her friend Daphne there as she pulled out her lilac dress and slipped it over her body, it looked beautiful and it made her eyes look softer as she looked in the mirror. Both the girls helped each other get ready, giggling and complimenting one another as they did so as Aurora tied the corsage around her hand and looked at herself one last time in the mirror before going to the common room where she knew Malfoy was waiting for her, and she was increasingly getting nervous which caused her to keep on smoothing her dress out unnecessarily.

"The Weasley boy is really make you that nervous, huh?" Daphne said with a smirk on her face while Aurora turned to her confusingly.
"George? No - what? I'm going with Draco" she told Daphne and just as she had expected, Daphne's jaw dropped and she was gaping at Aurora.
"WHAT? But I thought you - well, never mind that for now" Daphne said dismissively shaking her head and grabbed Aurora's hand to lead her out of the dormitory. The boys were already dressed and ready, Malfoy's eyes landed on the girl walking towards him and he could see a tinge of pink on her cheeks getting darker as he gave her a soft smile and held out his arm for her to hold.
"Shall we, m'lady?" he asked in a whisper.
"Yes, good sir" she smiled at him and the two followed their friends out of the dungeons. The Entrance Hall was crowded and just as soon as they had reached there, Aurora's eyes landed on Harry who was standing next to Parvati Patil and watching her with a grin but as soon as Malfoy came into view next to her she saw his grin slowly fade away and an angry expression dawned on his face.