.iii.

*  *  *

Malfoy didn't return from the Hospital Wing for the next three days and it was making Aurora a tad bit anxious for some reason but he was a bit of a drama queen too and she was sure Pug-Face was hanging off of him right now. The thought just made her roll her eyes as she went back to working on her Transfiguration homework.

"How come you're always studying?", a familiar voice sounded from behind making her get up from the couch so abruptly that the bottle of ink splattered on the floor.
"Dra - uh - Malfoy? You're out. Is your arm okay?" Aurora asked concernedly and watched him stare at her confusingly but his expression then only softened.
"Still hurts. Won't be playing Quidditch for a bit but...why do you ask?"
Shit. Why did I ask? Why do I care?
"Er - is that so bad now? Asking how you - someone - is?" she said plainly and folded her arms across her chest.
"Well...I guess not. Bit surprising, I might add" Malfoy said with a bit of a shrug.
"Hey, wait" she said abruptly before he could leave making him stop midstep as he advanced towards the boys' dormitory, "do you mind if I try out for Seeker? Substitute, of course"
"Yeah, su-"

"Draco! Oh, Draco!"

Her voice only makes Aurora groan. And she must have groaned a bit too loudly because it made Malfoy chuckle softly causing her to smile. Did Draco Malfoy just laugh because Aurora groaned? And did that just make her smile? What is going on?
"Draco! Are you okay? Is your arm okay?" Parkinson cried while touching Malfoy's arm. Malfoy and Aurora stared at each other and once they realised what was happening, the other quickly looked away and went back to completing her homework while he advanced towards his dormitory.

Since Malfoy was okay with letting Aurora take his place as a Seeker on the team temporarily, she decided to approach Marcus Flint; the Captain of the team. But before she could do that, he was already walking towards her with the other team members trailing after him.
"Potter, Draco's told me. We're heading towards the pitch, c'mon" Flint said and started walking towards the door. Bit weird that Malfoy already talked to him for her when she could have easily talked to Flint on her own.

They changed into their Quidditch robes and Aurora took Malfoy's broom because she didn't have her own and turns out it was he who asked her to take it since he had decided on accompanying the team in the stands to see how she played as Seeker. His behaviour had been so odd as of lately, he has never talked to Aurora before and all of a sudden he's talking to Flint for her, being nice to her, letting her use his broom. Whatever. He's still her brother's enemy and that's all she knows him as.
"All right, Potter. I'm releasing the Snitch!" Flint shouted from the ground while Aurora hovered in the air, waving at him to show him that she was ready.

Admittedly, Quidditch was in her blood just like Harry's and her reflexes were quite good and the boys were quite impressed. Not to mention, Aurora was satisfied with herself too and earned several pats on the back which led Flint to finalise his decision for letting her play as the Seeker after which all of them made their way back to the Great Hall for lunch exhaustibly.
"Not bad, Potter", someone said in her ear and she turned her head just in time to see the streak of bleach blonde hair almost touching her cheek.
"Thanks" Aurora murmured  to earn what seemed like a shadow of a smile from Malfoy as he strode off to the Slytherin table while she contentedly made her way towards Harry who sat at the Gryffindor table only to stop dead in her tracks, her spirits soon faltering.

How stupid!

Harry's Seeker on the Gryffindor team and Aurora can't play against him, no of course not. Malfoy can play on his own. She, now, lamely made her way towards Harry and sat down opposite him next to Fred; who stopped eating when he saw her in Quidditch robes, Harry, Ron, Hermione and George following suit.
"Why're you wearing Quidditch robes?" Harry asked. Was that even a question?
"Well - the thing is" the girl said while making rapid hand gestures only for Fred to pin them down on the table, "I must have tried...out for...Seeker". Aurora's voice trailed off making Fred and George turn their heads while Harry blinked like he was seeing his sister for the first time. Oh, no.