.xxii.

Aurora's eyes widened the longer she stared at the scar, she knew Harry was in trouble and she quickly got up and made her way towards Dumbledore who was sitting with the judges while everyone's curious eyes followed her but she didn't care, she wanted her brother back.
"Professor, you need to get Harry ou-"
Just when she had started talking, there was a loud whoosh and there lay Harry with the Triwizard Cup, clutching on to Cedric, Aurora felt a pang in her chest because she knew that it was far from over and she froze to the spot while people around her cheered for Harry but Harry looked everything other than happy.
"HARRY!" Aurora shouted over the crowd, regaining herself and rushing towards him immediately, only to find him gone from the spot where he was just mere seconds ago and looked around confusedly, people were beginning to realise that Cedric Diggory was dead.

"Miss Potter, come with me" McGonagall's voice came from behind and Aurora swiftly followed after her to realise that they were following the path to Dumbledore's office where she saw a shaggy, black, dog waiting outside and recognised him immediately, relief suddenly washing over her.
"Dumbledore will be back" McGonagall said and then left Aurora with the dog.

Just when McGonagall had left and Aurora had made sure that the coast was clear, she released a breath she didn't know she was holding in and dropped down on her knees taking Sirius's dog form into her arms as though in a hug.
"Sirius, I'm scared" she said quietly while holding him, she felt him lift his paw and rest it on her back, for a second she thought of telling him what had happened in Professor Trelawny's classroom but just when she had started to think more about it, the stone gargoyle shifted and she stood up waiting for whoever it was to emerge. To her great relief, Dumbledore stepped out with Harry who was terribly injured and Aurora swallowed hard at his sight, feeling even more worried but rushing forward to hug him all the same because she knew he needed it. Harry's grip around her tightened as he buried his head in her neck and she could feel the front of her shirt dampening because of the tears while she stroked his hair. No words would be enough to comfort him, all that he needed in that moment was for someone to hold him together so he wouldn't break. They followed Dumbledore into his office after pulling away, Sirius transformed into himself while Harry sat down on the chair with both his sister and Godfather on either sides of him as he continued to tell Dumbledore what had happened in the maze.

Aurora could see Sirius's hold on Harry tightening, he had gone pale and she could feel her throat going dry and chest tightening; she couldn't even imagine how Harry must have endured all that and then her eyes landed on the gash on his left arm which matched hers. Though she had a question that was nagging her, she decided that now wasn't the right time to ask it because there were other pressing matters such as Voldemort's return.

The next day all of them prepared to leave for summer holidays, Aurora felt more and more reluctant to go back to the Dursleys as the train neared but she was glad to spend the entire train ride to King's Cross with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred and George and ending the ride with a game of Exploding Snap. When the train had come to a stop, Aurora realised that she hadn't met Draco and though she couldn't stop thinking about the names that Harry had mentioned at the Hospital Wing. It seemed that Draco had been searching for her too because he found her very soon.
"Aurora, I want you to take this" he said in a hurry, taking her hand and giving her the silver ring that he always wore with the Slytherin crest.
"Draco, I can't take this. It's yours" she said quietly,  pushing it back into his hand only for him to cup her cheeks.
"I want you to keep it. I'll write to you" he said and kissed her shortly, just when he had pulled away George had entered the train again looking for Aurora because she was nowhere on the platform and found her standing with Draco. He quickly made his way to her only to find that the platinum haired boy was now walking away from her.