.v.

Mr and Mrs Weasley had both decided to pick Percy, Fred, George, Ginny and Aurora from King's Cross Station and Mrs Weasley was happy to see that Aurora had decided to join them for Christmas and embraced every child before they filed into Mr Weasley's car and drove to the Burrow; chatting merrily to each other and talking about their first few months at Hogwarts. Aurora had always loved how the Weasley children got along so well with their parents and it was also Mr and Mrs Weasley's combined efforts that kept the family glued together and Aurora and Harry had also never been treated anything less than a family in their house or by them. 

Just like always, Aurora was to stay with Ginny in her bedroom whenever they spent the holidays at The Burrow and this was Aurora's first Christmas at the Burrow. Her and Harry had spent their last two Christmases at Hogwarts because they always had friends who stayed back but this year most of them had decided to take a trip back home to enjoy festivities with their families. All the children got cleaned and changed into more comfortable clothes and sat in front of the crackling fire of the fireplace in the small living  enjoying a game of Exploding Snap and laughing to each other but in Percy's case; locked in his bedroom and taking a nap. Another reason why a lot of people had decided to go back to their families for Christmas, Aurora realised, was a much more nagging reason; the escape of Sirius Black who had been so closely sighted near Hogwarts but not only that, he had tried to break into the Gryffindor common room which led all the other house students to sleep the night in the Great Hall.

It seemed like it had only just happened yesterday and Harry had told Aurora what he had overheard at the Three Broomsticks Inn, Sirius was Harry's Godfather and he was the one who had killed their parents; betrayed them which was the same as killing them. He gave them up to Voldemort and no matter what burning rage Aurora had within her, it was nothing compared to how Harry had felt after that and she knew that he was bound to do something stupid and impulsive during his stay at Hogwarts while she was at the Burrow and that made her even more worried for him. He had already been in trouble before and she wanted him to, for once, not cause any more trouble but who was he to blame when trouble had been following both the twins since they were born.

"Ah, still nothing on Black" Mr Weasley made a loud tut  sound and closed his newspaper. Mrs Weasley was placing the food on the table and was soon joined by Ginny and Aurora's helping hands; smiling at them gratefully before turning to her husband who quite evidently looked worn out with how much the Ministry had been making him work ever since Black's escape.

"Oh, Arthur, I'm sure they're - FRED AND GEORGE, YOU PUT THAT QUAFFLE DOWN OR I'M BRINGING THE BAT - dear, I'm sure they'll catch him soon" Mrs Weasley finished while massaging her husband's shoulder while Ginny and Aurora tried to suppress giggles and watched Fred and George take the Quaffle outside to lock in the Quidditch crate. Evidently, Percy had woken up by Mrs Weasley's shrill scolding as he followed down the stairs with a bed head and warily rubbed his eyes before slumping down in a chair next to his father.

"Wash your hands, you two!" Mrs Weasley cried at the twins with a threatening wand pointing at them who were just about to sit down and stopped midway with loud grunts, stomping their way to the basin to wash their hands while Ginny and Aurora sat down next to each other talking animatedly and giggling to themselves.
"Oh, I would have loved it if Harry could have joined us, too" Mrs Weasley said softly while she piled Aurora's plate with fried chicken and boiled potatoes who had already been making vigorous hand motions to indicate her to stop.
"Oh, it's okay, Mrs Weasley. Hermione stayed back as well" Aurora told her with a smile.
"I hope he hasn't been doing what I told him not to" Mr Weasley said from across the table, turning his attention fully towards Aurora who was hoping just the same.
"Er - no, of course not" Aurora told him solemnly though her words didn't contain enough conviction even for herself.