prologue

the beginning.

Aurora James Potter, Harry Potter's twin who at the time of the attack, the night when the Dark Lord turned up at Godric's Hollow to kill their parents wasn't there to witness it unlike her brother. Where was she, you may ask? She was with her beloved Godfather, Remus Lupin and although he loved both the children equally, Aurora had occupied a rather special place in Remus's heart, and Lily had decided upon making him her Godfather whilst James decided upon making Sirius Black Harry's Godfather. 31st of October was the night that not only her parents died but that was also the night that she got separated from her brother, from her only family, from the person she was closest to. How stupid it was to separate her from him.

Through the years, all she yearned was for to meet her twin while he lived in a house with a wretched Aunt, Uncle and cousin who did not even bother to mention that Harry Potter had a twin, a long lost twin who was waiting ever so eagerly to turn eleven just so she could meet him. Just so she could see how he was, what he looked like now, if he would remember her at all because she remembered him quite well. In fact, she hadn't forgotten him at all because Remus Lupin would always, always, remind her of her family; of her mother whom she had inherited astonishing green eyes from, her father whom she inherited her looks and wit from and of course, her merely older twin who she had no clue looked like what now.

So, when the time finally came and the two met, it was only to be separated again when the Sorting Hat had decided upon their fate. When the Sorting Hat had Sorted the twins into rival houses; Slytherin and Gryffindor, although the same in flesh but they were two worlds apart. Aurora, unlike Harry, though had by the time she reached her third year befriended a couple of people mainly, not in her own house, but of course from Harry's and not to mention the Weasley twins, Fred and George, had become her best of friends . But this is also the year when things start to mingle between her and her brother's nemesis, Draco Malfoy, it's a trap and she knows it. It's too late for her to get out of it but turns out, he is in the same trap as her and events churn for both of them, in favour or not, only the future may decide that but for now all they could do was either act on it or pretend to hate each other; both of which were quite difficult for Aurora and for Draco. But while Aurora was in the gist of figuring out her feelings, she hadn't realised that someone else might have fallen for her over the course of time, a certain someone. A certain ginger.

Draco and Aurora were both known for different things and quite opposite too at that despite being in the same house; him for having a very rich father whom he always boasted about, who once was a Death Eater. And Aurora, always under the shadow of her brother but better yet known as the new Prankster of Hogwarts but often the Slytherins would call her the Slytherin Princess for reasons that remained unknown.